Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the all black interior of the Super Bee's. But I also love our Detonator Yellow color, of the car. I wanted to bring the Det. Yellow inside the cars interior, as an accent. I bought a wood dash kit and then had it painted in Det. Yellow. I did not use all the pieces, in the kit, as I felt it was over kill.

The center console is all done except for the BT radio knobs and door controls. I am painting those in Det. Yellow, should have them back soon.

I will eventually remove the gauge cluster and paint the 4 silver rings in Det. Yellow.

The doors are not finished yet. I am having James at 22Elite reverse the leather door arm rest's. Yellow leather like my console top and black embroidery. There is also one more piece of the dash kit to be installed. I ran out of the 3M 94 Primer for the dash kit pieces. When I get more I will install the long dash pieces that go from the door handle down the length of the door panel.

The missing piece I didn't get installed before I ran out of primer. In time, I will remove the door panel and paint the chrome door handle in Det. yellow as well.

I had an extra Super Bee graphics from Rider Graphixs that I used for the passenger dash piece.

Back seat

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Looks awesome bro! I wish i could find the cool vanilla paint somewhere, so I could do something similar :(

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Wooh!! That is some Master work! with great ATD. Personalization is a B-E-A-utiful thing.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Bro thats awesome, exactly what I plan on doing with my sublime. Right now I have have a satin nickel kit in the car, I want to purchase a new kit and paint it

Can you give me the purchase info on the kit, it looks like it fits well, id like to buy one

thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
YES...... THAT just happened -....!!!!! - love the way that mean and 1 of a kind Bee is coming together -- graphics on the glove box is right on and ties it in ...

Only you can see things and execute as you do !! AWESOME !!

johnny bee

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
bro that looks awesome!!!! Can't wait to see it in person this weekend at the Austing M&G!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YES...... THAT just happened -....!!!!! - love the way that mean and 1 of a kind Bee is coming together -- graphics on the glove box is right on and ties it in ...

Only you can see things and execute as you do !! AWESOME !!

johnny bee
Thanks Brother Bee. Call me when you get a chance.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bro thats awesome, exactly what I plan on doing with my sublime. Right now I have have a satin nickel kit in the car, I want to purchase a new kit and paint it

Can you give me the purchase info on the kit, it looks like it fits well, id like to buy one

thanks
Sure no problem. I got the dash kit at www.NYCDashes.com I ordered the kit in Black color/finish. Not a wood grain finish. I was afraid the wood grain lines might show through the paint.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks awesome bro! I wish i could find the cool vanilla paint somewhere, so I could do something similar :(
My auto painter gets the paint for me. All the work is done at his shop. You can go to any PPG store and they can mix you up some paint in your cars color (Cool Vanilla). Your paint code is on the white sticker on the side of the driver door.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My auto painter gets the paint for me. All the work is done at his shop. You can go to any PPG store and they can mix you up some paint in your cars color (Cool Vanilla). Your paint code is on the white sticker on the side of the driver door.
Very cool bro, thanks

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Sure no problem. I got the dash kit at www.NYCDashes.com I ordered the kit in Black color/finish. Not a wood grain finish. I was afraid the wood grain lines might show through the paint.
Preciate it man, I just ordered the 71pc kit in black as well, and the additional 4pc door accent kit.......Its gonna be scary pulling the old dash kit pieces off b/c I used the adhesive promoter that eats through the finish on all of them!

Guess it wont matter though since new pieces will be going right where the old ones were

Wonder how much this is gonna cost to have prepped and painted (im only gonna use about half the kit like you), Hey Freebird....were there any special prepping techniques needed for the paint to stick good?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Preciate it man, I just ordered the 71pc kit in black as well, and the additional 4pc door accent kit.......Its gonna be scary pulling the old dash kit pieces off b/c I used the adhesive promoter that eats through the finish on all of them!

Guess it wont matter though since new pieces will be going right where the old ones were

Wonder how much this is gonna cost to have prepped and painted (im only gonna use about half the kit like you), Hey Freebird....were there any special prepping techniques needed for the paint to stick good?
You can see what is left behind from the adhesion promoter/primer when you take a piece off. I removed the second passenger dash piece (below the SUPER BEE piece). It got too stiff from painting it and did not want to stay stuck to the curve of the dash. Since you are removing the dash kit currently on the car and replacing with a painted one. It should be allright.

Make sure your painter uses lots of flex agent mixed into the paint. This will help the dash piece from wanting to crack.

Just go slow when you go to install the painted pieces.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Mark you gonna do the passenger side a/c vent?

Scott
Dan over at BT is making me a one-off for the passenger side AC vent. The Super Bee number plaque is a bit bigger than the usual SRT emblem, that goes under the AC vent. The dash kit only came with a cut out big enough for the thinner SRT emblem. Dan is making me a piece with a larger cut out for the Super Bee number plaque.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.