Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a used Super Bee with only 4800 miles. This car is fully loaded along with a CAI and exhaust put on by the dealer for the original purchaser and the bee is in cherry condition. My question is that the dealer wants 41k for it, but that seems a little high for a used bee. I am looking at getting an 07 or 08 Daytona, but I have a hard time looking past the crazy new antenna on the 08's. Should I pay more for a used bee then I would for a new 08 Daytona and also give up a lifetime warranty? OR should I just wait till the 08 Daytona's roll out and learn to live with the antenna? Also since I like the Daytona's, but would love to have the Bee, I am thinking about waiting till December time frame and see if the bee is still there. Does anyone know if the dealerships still pay taxes on the used cars on the lots at the end of the year?

Thx

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just a side note to the crazy antenna remark. In the 2008 Charger/Magnum brochure there is a funny little blurb about the antenna. All it says is that the new antenna is removable. What that exactly means I don't know and I don't have the brochure infront of me to quote it exactly, but I'm assuming that means you could remove/unscrew...that horrid looking piece that sticks up. Someone with a 2008 might want to look in their manual or give it a try at a dealership.

·
Registered
329 Posts
HA! 41K FOR A USED BEE...new yes...easily. but used with 4800 miles..no way. i talked my dealer down to 39k. for a brand new one. that got delivered last saturday from colorodo. tell him that and see what he says. dont let them bully you around. and if it was me id get the bee over the 08's

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thx guys. The "removable" antenna is nothing more then the mast unscrewing leaving the huge base attached to the car.

I've seen BRAND NEW Bees around here for $36K

$41K is a ripoff
That is what I thought especialy since the price of gas is going up. I just was not sure since it already had some dealer mods on it and it is fully loaded. Mind you, I would not mind finding the right 07 SRT-8 either.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah but isn't the ugly mast what everyoone is bitching about? As for the base...if you want GPS and/or Sirius you got to have the base

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have the opportunity to purchase a used Super Bee with only 4800 miles. This car is fully loaded along with a CAI and exhaust put on by the dealer for the original purchaser and the bee is in cherry condition. My question is that the dealer wants 41k for it, but that seems a little high for a used bee. I am looking at getting an 07 or 08 Daytona, but I have a hard time looking past the crazy new antenna on the 08's. Should I pay more for a used bee then I would for a new 08 Daytona and also give up a lifetime warranty? OR should I just wait till the 08 Daytona's roll out and learn to live with the antenna? Also since I like the Daytona's, but would love to have the Bee, I am thinking about waiting till December time frame and see if the bee is still there. Does anyone know if the dealerships still pay taxes on the used cars on the lots at the end of the year?
Thx
Well, you definitely want an SRT8 if you can afford $38k to $40k. The power, handling, braking more than out-weigh the price diff.... so make that your priority. Now, 41k is more than most of us paid for our Bees, so that used one may not be for you. Bonham Chrysler at Dallas has one Bee left on the lot... I am sure they will ship to you and let it go near invoice if you negotiate properly with the INTERNET department. Good luck.

·
Registered
935 Posts
too much money if you ask me. I would say get an 07 daytona unless you are hooked on the new color

1 - 8 of 8 Posts