Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if you are referring to the link I posted, but those do not have glued-on plastic nameplates. The text is cast into the frame and then the black/white paint is applied.

The problem with the billet frame places I've seen Iincluding the one in the above link) is they have a limited number of fonts and can't take artwork and convert it to metal. They can't do the Super Bee logo text, for instance. Billet Technologies could probably do it if they started making plate frames.................

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not sure if you are referring to the link I posted, but those do not have glued-on plastic nameplates. The text is cast into the frame and then the black/white paint is applied.

The problem with the billet frame places I've seen Iincluding the one in the above link) is they have a limited number of fonts and can't take artwork and convert it to metal. They can't do the Super Bee logo text, for instance. Billet Technologies could probably do it if they started making plate frames.................
Yeah, you're right. It just looks like stick-on because they knurled the box around the lettering. I was considering using some of their hollow block-letter fonts to make a "HEMI" or "Torred #1904" frame. But, I already have a Ram's head, "Charger" and "R/T" logos on the back of my car, and adding another logo or more words would just be more clutter. I just went with a plain, flat-black aluminum frame instead, much cleaner.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I had the frame painted in det. Yellow. Then added FreeBeeSRT at the top and SUPER BEE...and used a Bee emblem at the end, for the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.