Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have seen that video before. I dont get tired of seeing it. It boggles my mind because even if i take the esp totally off it backs me off when i hit 2500 rpm. I cant just sit there and roast them like that.

Im wondering if my esp doesnt go all the way off or am i missing something?

Nice vids

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Okay, I found this from a search on the net. I guess I have not been doing my burn outs hard enough. Ha!

"The SRT 8 will get loose at 30 mph if you full disable the ESP option. There are two diff ways of turning off the ESP, one by just simply pressing the button, which is just partially off. The other requires the car to be in park, and you must hold the ESP button for like 10 seconds. You will hear a chime and it will say under the speedo "ESP Disabled". at that point the car will get somewhat loose at 30mph. really loose at 20mph."

Question- Is it OK to turn my ESP off and just leave it off all the time?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Question- Is it OK to turn my ESP off and just leave it off all the time?
It's only for that startup. Once you restart the car, it defaults to full ON (regardless of the model).

SRT's (and police package) have the fully disabled ability. Others are always on, and partially off when the button is pushed. Holding the button in on those models does nothing different.

Search this forum for "noesp" though, there are ultra cheap, and items you can buy to enable any model to disable ESP completely.

Also, there is a recent thread and discovery that on newer models, ESP can be disabled with a turn of the ignition key while driving. A quick search will yield that info too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just got back from Togo's Sandwiches...I thought I would play with ESP partially off. I hardly turn it off completely anymore since I tried it at the SRT Track Experience and the Charger they had got away from me! Scared the crap out of me wouldnt want my baby to get in that sort of trouble with cars around.

Anyway, partially off I just wanted to hear the tires chirp a bit, but oh my god! Full on A** smoke all over the place...its was quite dramatic and I now people were staring... Oh S***!!! I can only imagine if the thing was OFF!!! SHEESH!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.