Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just installed a super 44 with a single in and dual out. I had the super 44 installed where the factory muffler is located under the car. They then ran turndowns to right behind the rear axle. It sounds nice and mean and throaty. I do have to admit there is drown, but I'm hoping that it will go down as I break in the new super 44. Anyways just wanted to let you guys know because I know some were wondering how the 3.5 would sound wit a muffler and turndowns. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
u really did do it..i didnt wanna belive u..but hey now i wanna see a clip or hear it in person...good job brennan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
i also wanna hear it too...i have the resonator taken off but still have the stock muffler and it sounds perfect to me...not to loud and to quite...of couse if i had a hemi i would want it loud...i also wanna get some flowmasters for better exhaust flow but don't want it much louder!! so i'll determine if i'll get some flowmasters when i hear ur ride!! lol

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
ill sell u my whole flowmaster true dual (of course) system marcus...what do u say?

·
Registered
486 Posts
It sounds nice and mean and throaty. I do have to admit there is drown, but I'm hoping that it will go down as I break in the new super 44.
Will this be the case with any flowmaster? The drone that is. Let's hear some clips.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Hey I just installed a super 44 with a single in and dual out. I had the super 44 installed where the factory muffler is located under the car. They then ran turndowns to right behind the rear axle. It sounds nice and mean and throaty. I do have to admit there is drown, but I'm hoping that it will go down as I break in the new super 44. Anyways just wanted to let you guys know because I know some were wondering how the 3.5 would sound wit a muffler and turndowns. :bigthumb:
i plan on doing this with my srt someday... post a vid if you can:beerchug:

·
Registered
261 Posts
yes post a vid , gettin rdy to get x pipe to 2 44's then straight out. possible headers as well , have to see how many brownie pts i have with the wife..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
here's the sound clip. sorry my camera just broke like a month ago so i had to wait til my sister got back from big bear to use her camera. oh by the way "IMA monsta" u probably have a flowmaster with dual straight pipes and no resonators. my setup is a super 44 single in/ dual out with two turndowns run to right behind to rear axle. it is really loud and as far as i know legal because it is passed the rear axle which is required by law, but anyways here is the soundclip hope you like it:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=52903246

Oh and by the way, how do you get the video to be seen on the forum instead of a link that takes you to the video?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
not bad brah!!!

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Sounded good, but... that poor camera! Got stuff blown all over it, then almost got blown over! :laugh:

Do you think you'll be able to get some more video's of that? Maybe in-car driving, and a run or two past the camera? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
has the sound change any?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have noticed that the super 44 has quieted down just slightly during idle and when I'm being gentle on the gas, but as soon as I get on the gas it is like I'm unleashing the beast again. I love the exhaust. The drown has gone down since I got the exhaust which makes me happy. I will be happy to let anyone hear it in person next weekend at Spring Fest. Only seven days to go. Everybody finish up your last minute mods.:bigthumb::driving:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just picked up an SXT and was thinking of a 44 2.5 single in and out to a Y then blastin bobs 10DB at the rear, whats ya all think ? should i go with the single in duel out ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts