Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else's interior sunroof stripping pink? I thought it was just mine, but I looked at every Charger and 300 around here that had a sunroof and all of them were pink, no matter what color the interior was. It is so ugly. I asked the dealership "WTF?" but they said it was standard. I gotta get that changed.

X

·
Registered
686 Posts
PINK , they are crazy all sunroof rubber welts are colour matched to the headliner .

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
weird, mine is the same roof color...like... beige??? or gray, don´t know the color, but not pink LOL

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The one on mine is color matched.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Are you sure it isn't just a reflection of your red paint? I know you said all colors, but I think mine (inferno) has a pinkish cast that I just attributed to reflection.... cant check now cause it's too dark in the garage to see, and I can't open the sunroof in the daylight cause its all bashed in right now. But looking at it in dim florescent light it looks to be colormatched (basically) to the headliner. I'll look at it again tomorrow when the light is better, if the tree doesn't drop more limbs on it in the high winds/tornadoes we are forecast to have tomorrow.

(Hoping for more tree limbs at this point....)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I know this is a rather old thread, but my 08 Charger had a pink sunroof surround. I had it changed for a color matched one under warranty. Strange but true, my 05 Magnum had the same problem. Both Dodges were built near the end of their model years and maybe that was the reason.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
07 R/T n mine is color matched aswell

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try This To Remove Your Pink Color

FYI - Chrysler had issues with the plastic components that were supplied to them from their suppliers. Interior plastic components have what is called HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilier) to them. After hurricanes Katrina and Rita, these HALS became hard to get for suppliers. Another chemical was added to get the same performance. This was not discolsed to Chrysler as it would have meant recertifying the materials. When the interior plastic components don't see sunlight, the new chemical tends to "pink". The solution was to get direct sunlight (i.e. not through a window) onto the plastic part. After a couple of hours the pinking should go away. I can personally tell you that this happend on the LX and Jeeps. FYI - I am a former Chrysler employee of 11.5 years and dealt with this personally at both the platform level and the design studio. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FYI - Chrysler had issues with the plastic components that were supplied to them from their suppliers. Interior plastic components have what is called HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilier) to them. After hurricanes Katrina and Rita, these HALS became hard to get for suppliers. Another chemical was added to get the same performance. This was not discolsed to Chrysler as it would have meant recertifying the materials. When the interior plastic components don't see sunlight, the new chemical tends to "pink". The solution was to get direct sunlight (i.e. not through a window) onto the plastic part. After a couple of hours the pinking should go away. I can personally tell you that this happend on the LX and Jeeps. FYI - I am a former Chrysler employee of 11.5 years and dealt with this personally at both the platform level and the design studio. Hope this helps.
I'm not quite sure that will fix it for me. I live in New Mexico so there is plenty of sun to go around, and my car sits in the sun with the sunroof open for a good 8-9 hours a day while I'm at work. But I'll try it with a mirror.

I know this is a rather old thread, but my 08 Charger had a pink sunroof surround. I had it changed for a color matched one under warranty. Strange but true, my 05 Magnum had the same problem. Both Dodges were built near the end of their model years and maybe that was the reason.
I'll look into getting it replaced under warranty. Did you have to go through any hoops to get it replaced or did they just replace it straight up?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Gotta love when suppliers make unauthorized product changes :( Firestone recall was one of the most famous. Chrysler minivan seat recall was one of the stupidest ones. Supplier engineer tried to stop that change, but the supplier assembly plant made the change anyway.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'll look into getting it replaced under warranty. Did you have to go through any hoops to get it replaced or did they just replace it straight up?
I had to show them that other Chargers/Magnums had color matched ones and then they replaced them under warranty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts