Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

The TSB that people talk about regarding the sunroof - if I just got my 07 RT this should not apply to that right???? The only reason I am asking is that I hear a slight rattle coming from the area, but it seems more like it is coming from the overhang where the sunroof goes in to and not necessarily the sunroof itself. When I hear it I can push up on the plastic and roof section and it seems to stop. The part I push up on seems loose - not really tight which it being a component of the roof I think it should be right?? I know I have posted a couple of threads asking questions on different things I am posting, but just want to make sure everything is cool with the car because other then the few things I have posted about the car runs so smooth when driving it.

T

·
Registered
171 Posts
Guys,

The TSB that people talk about regarding the sunroof - if I just got my 07 RT this should not apply to that right???? The only reason I am asking is that I hear a slight rattle coming from the area, but it seems more like it is coming from the overhang where the sunroof goes in to and not necessarily the sunroof itself. When I hear it I can push up on the plastic and roof section and it seems to stop. The part I push up on seems loose - not really tight which it being a component of the roof I think it should be right?? I know I have posted a couple of threads asking questions on different things I am posting, but just want to make sure everything is cool with the car because other then the few things I have posted about the car runs so smooth when driving it.

T
In theory you should be able to go to Dodge's website and enter your vin to find out if there are any outstanding TSBs on your car.

http://www.dodge.com/owners/

Dunno if it really works... but it says mine is up to date.

I think the TSB for the sunroof was an electrical problem and not a rattle or anything. Sounds to me like the headliner is a little loose from what you are describing. Or perhaps there is a piece of debris up on the inside of the sun shade?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
TSB was for 4 bolts incorrectly tightened. Therefore the mysterious rattle. I would have dealer look at it. If you push against the roof while driving over bumpy roads the rattle goes away. It was about 2 hours labor.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The TSB should show what build dates were affected. If your car was built after the affected build date, you should be fine. Or you could just wait and see if it happens...

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
I'd take it in. I've had the TSB done twice on my 06. The rattle goes away, then it comes back several months later. I think the TSB indicates that they retighten and locktite the bolts but it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.

·
Registered
410 Posts
TSB's are not like recalls. You have to complain about a particular problem and they will fix it. But, if you say nothing or do not have that issue they will not tell you about it, not every car will have the problem laid out in a TSB. A recall is something that they will fix and tell you about whether you notice it or not, cause every car has the problem laid out in the recall. Do a search there a few posts about where to find complete TSB lists for all model LX's.

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/tsb-recall-forum/15480-tsbs-complete-list-all-tsbs-recalls-issued-2005-2008-lx-models.html

This one is one of the best IMO. If you have an issue with your car, specially while under warranty, take it to your dealership and say you are not happy and want it fixed. I took my 2000 S-10 in dozens of times while under warranty.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Actually the bolts were just the first problem. I also had the rust under the sunroof gasket syndrome. They replaced the whole mechanism....950 in parts and about a day's worth of labor.

Thank god for the extra care (rentals included) warranty

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I'd take it in. I've had the TSB done twice on my 06. The rattle goes away, then it comes back several months later. I think the TSB indicates that they retighten and locktite the bolts but it doesn't seem to be a permanent fix.
Oh no. no no no! I did not just read that. I never saw it. Dammit.
Mine was fine for quite a while. Then I started reading about that, and sure enough mine started rattling. And the rattle wasn't in my head. Had to take it in.

And . . . they neglected to reconnect the drain hose, so my floor got a nice puddle of water whenever it rained hard. I lived with that for too long, as I hate taking it in. I JUST got that fixed last week.

If it starts rattling again . . . Ahhhhh!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it does seem like the rattle is coming more from the roof liner where the sunroof is stored when it is open. The rattle does it though when it is opened or closed so may'be it is the roof liner that is loose. What the hell would they do about that????

T

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody have any thoughts on if it is the roofliner that is rattling - what could be done about that??

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Nope. I know the problem with the loose nuts as shipped from the factory (if they didn't arrive loose, the eventually worked their way loose) was towards the front of the sunroof - would sound like it's directly overhead, and inside the bulge area just forward of the sunroof opening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts