Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a few of us (Mostly Vipers) planning to head to Harper's Ferry, VA from the Sterling area Sunday if anyone wants to join along.... weather looks perfect.

Buffet lunch at the scenic Hilltop House Hotel:

400 E Ridge St
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
(304) 535-2132

Meet at Starbucks in Potomac Falls @10a (out front)

Starbucks - Cascade Marketplace
21019-21 Southbank Street
Store #E-1/E-2
Sterling, VA 20165
703-421-0932

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
FYI, looks like there will be 3-4 Vipers. And right now I am the only LX.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dang, I'll be down in Williamsburg all this weekend. Never been in a Charger/Dodge cruise or a meet and greet but def want to one of these days! Hope you have fun!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll be there, only V6 in a group of SRT-8s and Viper V-10s! Slowpoke in the right lane LOL.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Is there an Ashburn stop!

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One last bump...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey---that was me this morning

There is a few of us (Mostly Vipers) planning to head to Harper's Ferry, VA from the Sterling area Sunday if anyone wants to join along.... weather looks perfect.

Buffet lunch at the scenic Hilltop House Hotel:

400 E Ridge St
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
(304) 535-2132

Meet at Starbucks in Potomac Falls @10a (out front)

Starbucks - Cascade Marketplace
21019-21 Southbank Street
Store #E-1/E-2
Sterling, VA 20165
703-421-0932
Ahhhhh.....so now I know why you turned off. Your license plate made it easy to find you here. I had hoped to chat with you after our little run this morning on rt 7 but I see you have to meet some folks.

That was me in the AMG wagon. I wasn't sure if you were gonna run until I heard the squeal off the line, you got a nice jump but I wonder if you were at all shocked by the result. Not too bad for a wagon huh? :)

That was fun maybe I'll run into you again sometime....

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhhh.....so now I know why you turned off. Your license plate made it easy to find you here. I had hoped to chat with you after our little run this morning on rt 7 but I see you have to meet some folks.

That was me in the AMG wagon. I wasn't sure if you were gonna run until I heard the squeal off the line, you got a nice jump but I wonder if you were at all shocked by the result. Not too bad for a wagon huh? :)

That was fun maybe I'll run into you again sometime....
Pretty dam nice for a Wagon! I saw the AMG tag, so I knew what I was up against...

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few pics from today:

Some pictures, sorry forgot to take pictures of the food and inside the hotel.

Starting out. From left Ken, Paul, Rob, Kelly. My 300Touring in the back. Kelly's wife drove the SuperBee, but had to go home with the kids. John & wife met us on the way.

To Harpers Ferry

Red RT10

3 Generations

In front of Hilltop Hotel, about 200 years old.

What we came for, the View! That's the Potomac River, looking across to Maryland from West Virginia. Virginia is a couple of miles inland from Harper's Ferry, or if you follow the Potomac River, it's a mile and a half to the right.

Note: I posted the pictures on here because this is my "home" forum, however I was the only 300 owner there, unfortunately. At least Immo was there with his Charger SRT-8. My apologies if you think the Vipers are out of place here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pretty dam nice for a Wagon! I saw the AMG tag, so I knew what I was up against...
It was fun, seriously, I NEVER get to run my car, no one ever tries to mess with me. Maybe its the wagon style so most of the looks I get are from soccer mom's who think my wagon is something they'd rather have then their volvo...every now and then I run into a true enthusiast who knows what my car is and what is under the hood. For a stock 4200lb+ car it hauls ass, ultimate sleeper imo....no one expects a wagon to be packing over 514ftlbs of torque. It works well for the family and our dog otherwise I'd have the sedan.

I was really not sure if you were gonna run or not, I looked over but you were looking straight and you weren't easing forward or anything so I was sorta just sitting there wondering what would happen. You obviously let up pretty early because I kept the hammer down and I seriously doubt I would pull that many cars if you were on the gas. Figured you'd come up at Cascades but you pulled off. Wasn't until I searched and found you on here that I saw why you went into the marketplace.

Nice pics of the other cars, do you guys typically meet up at SB in Cascades before cruises? My buddy sooooo wants a viper (he's almost gotten one many times then came up with "excuses" for not spending the money yet...but even today he was talking about getting one)......I bet if I got him out there around some of your crowd he would make the move....

Do you guys meet here pretty often?

BTW.....your car is sweet, I love the way it looks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Today was awesome. Thanks for posting up the pictures! It never ceases to amaze me how quick and how nimble our Chargers are. Your SRT8 seemed right at home with all of the V10's...I think your mods really help. And your awesome exhaust note tells me that I need to get started on the Superbee now, 'cause your exhaust kicks BUTT!

·
Registered
316 Posts
It was fun, seriously, I NEVER get to run my car, no one ever tries to mess with me. Maybe its the wagon style so most of the looks I get are from soccer mom's who think my wagon is something they'd rather have then their volvo...every now and then I run into a true enthusiast who knows what my car is and what is under the hood. For a stock 4200lb+ car it hauls ass, ultimate sleeper imo....no one expects a wagon to be packing over 514ftlbs of torque. It works well for the family and our dog otherwise I'd have the sedan.

I was really not sure if you were gonna run or not, I looked over but you were looking straight and you weren't easing forward or anything so I was sorta just sitting there wondering what would happen. You obviously let up pretty early because I kept the hammer down and I seriously doubt I would pull that many cars if you were on the gas. Figured you'd come up at Cascades but you pulled off. Wasn't until I searched and found you on here that I saw why you went into the marketplace.

Nice pics of the other cars, do you guys typically meet up at SB in Cascades before cruises? My buddy sooooo wants a viper (he's almost gotten one many times then came up with "excuses" for not spending the money yet...but even today he was talking about getting one)......I bet if I got him out there around some of your crowd he would make the move....

Do you guys meet here pretty often?

BTW.....your car is sweet, I love the way it looks
Bring your buddy out to the Chik-Fil-A in Sterling on Friday nights. I'd be happy to take him for a spin in my Viper. Not sure what Generation he's looking for, but on a good week, all 3 are represented there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bring your buddy out to the Chik-Fil-A in Sterling on Friday nights. I'd be happy to take him for a spin in my Viper. Not sure what Generation he's looking for, but on a good week, all 3 are represented there.
I've tried to tell him to come out there since "everything" is represented there in sterling on fri nights....old school 'sweet' cars......zo6's of various years....that one guy with the 1000+hp superchargerd viper that always parks in that first space (at least when i've gone there).......evo's, 350z's, cobras, etc...etc.......i've been up there myself and most ignore my little wagon not knowing what it is exactly.....I've had a few euro enthusiasts who were floored that there was one actually in the area.......its kinda sad in the respect that I can recognize the beauty of the "old school" vettes and the old muscle cars but most of those guys cannot respect or have a clue about my car and the engineering involved in it....which is sad in a way because you'd think the respect could go both ways...I scope when I seen an older car that is very nice.......if they gave my car a chance they'd see a 'wagon' with 469hp...516ftlbs of torque.......a beast for a sleeper car.....

Not only that but they'd find that my car is actually more rare than most exotics they'd ever come across in the US

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've tried to tell him to come out there since "everything" is represented there in sterling on fri nights....old school 'sweet' cars......zo6's of various years....that one guy with the 1000+hp superchargerd viper that always parks in that first space (at least when i've gone there).......evo's, 350z's, cobras, etc...etc.......i've been up there myself and most ignore my little wagon not knowing what it is exactly.....I've had a few euro enthusiasts who were floored that there was one actually in the area.......its kinda sad in the respect that I can recognize the beauty of the "old school" vettes and the old muscle cars but most of those guys cannot respect or have a clue about my car and the engineering involved in it....which is sad in a way because you'd think the respect could go both ways...I scoop when I seen an older car that is very nice.......if they gave my car a chance they'd see a 'wagon' with 469hp...516ftlbs of torque.......a beast for a sleeper car.....

Not only that but they'd find that my car is actually more rare than most exotics they'd ever come across in the US
It's probably more that they don't know what they're looking at than it is that they don't respect it. For so many people, half of a car being 'impressive' is how it looks, its' heritage or what 'mods' have been done to it...station wagons (while the E55 Wagon ain't no ordinary wagon) aren't exactly head turners. Like you said, you have the ultimate sleeper. I'm sure if you had a print out of a dyno run and/or a 1/4 mile time slip, attitudes would change. :D

·
Premium Member
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ben's pics, cool! Hope his video's good too.
Those are great pics. We had fun on the drive back (aside from the damn min-vans and motorcycles...grrr). Nothing more fun than putting the Viper in 2nd at about 30 MPH and dropping the hammer and watching the passenger with the camera try to hold it steady. :D :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Silver- I'll be looking for ya :)
Always wanted to run the E...
if you're in the viper you'd kill me in that thing...the sedan would be a better match up. I'm too heavy and you've got the hp numbers to take me pretty easily I would guess. It's funny, the wagon is faster then the E sedan to 60 due to the rear cg of the car but after that the sedan will take me.

it would be fun just to see :) can we go 0-60...lol.....to give me a prayer, I suspect from a roll even with 516ftlbs you'd crush me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts