Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got up early this morning and headed to Cecil County Raceway. Last week I had run a personal best of 13.501 and the 13.4xx was haunting me.

Today was not a test and tune, but rather bracket racing. So...I got down early to watch some junior drags, swap the stockers for the drag radials and get the car cooled down after my 45 minute drive.

Word was - only one time trial and then right to eliminations. Well...45-47 degree weather, sunny, beautiful, DA of about -600 nearly all day - and very few cars!!! They gave us two trial runs (some folks actually got 3).

I ran in the Street class, not knowing any better and figuring it fit the car. It did. Next time I might run the Trophy class as well...no money, just a trophy.

I staged, anxious...not knowing at this point we'd get the 2nd trial run...so wanted to be pretty perfect and get a quality launch so I would know what time to dial in. (bracket racing wiki)

Here are results of the day. I did, by virtue of making it to the 3rd rnd, win $20.00 and have a check payable to me from Cecil County Dragway LLC. ($26.00 was entry fee :D)

The bolds were personal best times and MPH. Other proud accomplishments were reaction times, especially since this can either help you win or lose in brackets. Of course my final round red light stung....

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Awesome times! I saw that on the calendar but wasn't really sure how it was run. I want to get in another day before the year is over.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
muchos gracias guys.

Slow - a MUST do...enjoyed it 1000 x more than test and tune. Quality cars, guys and something on the line each run... adrenaline!

·
Premium Member
17,663 Posts
Way to represent Doug!

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice runs! Any video? :whistle:
WISH there would have been. Wasn't lucky to have a good guy like you around. My boys didn't come...argh...oh well. Timeslips and memories. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Awesome times!!!!!

I just got my first red light a week ago and was really bummed!!

I'll have to try bracket racing.... I thinking I'm turning into an adrenaline junkie... LOL

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome times!!!!!

I just got my first red light a week ago and was really bummed!!

I'll have to try bracket racing.... I thinking I'm turning into an adrenaline junkie... LOL
Only the second red I've had...1st one bracket racing. Of course, in brackets the reaction time is HUGE. At test and tune I just try to practice, but yeah, adrenaline fun huh?

Way to go Doug! I need you to help me!!! :)
Anytime CC. I can get you to 13's very easily. Before you go next time, let's chat.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Only the second red I've had...1st one bracket racing. Of course, in brackets the reaction time is HUGE. At test and tune I just try to practice, but yeah, adrenaline fun huh?
You're right, in bracket.. R/T and 60' is huge and red light means no qualifying.

So for me, I have all work, no play, except for racing. I must be putting all of my play energy into the racing....hence adrenaline overload .... lol...

Ohhh.... what to do with racing ending in a week.... hmmm.... I may need to move!!! LOL....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts