Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Charger R/T - K&N Cold Air Filter, 20" Black Diamond BD-27 Rims, Straight pipes. ST Suspension
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some suggestions for a couple of upgrades on my 06RT.

Xpipe
Cam
Oil Catch Can

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Don't you have a factory x-pipe?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
^ His info says straight pipes, so probably not.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
An oil catch can is good (not a performance booster though). The x-pipe (if you don't have one) will help with performance. A cam is questionable on a '06 because the heads do not have the flow of the 2009+ Eagle heads. The cam performance will be limited by the flow of the pre-Eagle heads.
The biggest performance upgrade will be a custom tune. An upgrade of the rear axle ratio will help too if you don't have the 3.06 rear gear ratio.

DiabloSport - Gasoline and Diesel Tuning Systems

Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More | Diablo | SCT

·
Registered
2006 Charger R/T - K&N Cold Air Filter, 20" Black Diamond BD-27 Rims, Straight pipes. ST Suspension
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't you have a factory x-pipe?
I do. I read the factory xpipe is the way to go. Still haven't decided if I want to remove it or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you thinking performance specifically?
I am going for the drag/street racing build. I have plenty of torque at the moment (Dyno'd at 320 per ft) but need to increase my HP (Dyno'd at 270hp).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An oil catch can is good (not a performance booster though). The x-pipe (if you don't have one) will help with performance. A cam is questionable on a '06 because the heads do not have the flow of the 2009+ Eagle heads. The cam performance will be limited by the flow of the pre-Eagle heads.
The biggest performance upgrade will be a custom tune. An upgrade of the rear axle ratio will help too if you don't have the 3.06 rear gear ratio.

Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More | Diablo | SCT
Thanks. I have a tuner in mind, but didn't know that about the Cam. I thought about the rear axle as well. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

I've only had the Charger for about 6 months. If it's stock on the gears, I'm running 3.07.

·
Registered
192 Posts
As I threw out there on your other post, you definitely need to do some more research on all the options you are inquiring about.

The nitrous stuff you were talking about on the other post is simply incorrect.

This is how people grenade motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As I threw out there on your other post, you definitely need to do some more research on all the options you are inquiring about.

The nitrous stuff you were talking about on the other post is simply incorrect.

This is how people grenade motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I'm asking questions. I've been doing research.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I suspect he may have blocked you after the 'interaction' 4 months ago:

I don't understand why people have to be dicks here. I obviously don't know anything, which is why I'm coming here to ask questions.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Well, FWIW, Hemilonestar is one of those people who'd be able to give you accurate information based on what he is asking.

Trust - it will save you both time and money while getting you closer to your goals!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I suspect he may have blocked you after the 'interaction' 4 months ago:

Maybe, but that's why I quoted someone else asking the same question lol. Oh well, NMFP lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts