Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive been thinking about this for a few days now and Im debating whether or not to paint my hood and trunk flat black. Ive been looking for photos but I cant seem to find the look I want. I was thinking of either an all flat black hood or a narrow line that follows along with the hood scoop.

I love the look of an all smoothed solid colored car but I kinda want something different and I am a huge fan of the old Hemi's from the 60's

Any help is appreciated, thanx

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Hey guys, Ive been thinking about this for a few days now and Im debating whether or not to paint my hood and trunk flat black. Ive been looking for photos but I cant seem to find the look I want. I was thinking of either an all flat black hood or a narrow line that follows along with the hood scoop.

I love the look of an all smoothed solid colored car but I kinda want something different and I am a huge fan of the old Hemi's from the 60's

If you're not sure and think you may want to change things out later, my suggestion would be to go with decals from Rider Graphics. They have a lot to choose from and will even work with you if you want to modify something to make it your own. Then if you want to paint in the future, just remove the decals. That's what I did.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
If you're not sure and think you may want to change things out later, my suggestion would be to go with decals from Rider Graphics. They have a lot to choose from and will even work with you if you want to modify something to make it your own. Then if you want to paint in the future, just remove the decals. That's what I did.
x2, you can get them to make you basically anything you can imagine, the flat black decals look good on anything :bigthumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx guys thats most likely what Im going to do. Thanx for the link 07CHRGRSRT8 I found a design I like.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts

Something like this, but flat black instead of carbon fiber?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Man I love your hood:)

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Thanx guys thats most likely what Im going to do. Thanx for the link 07CHRGRSRT8 I found a design I like.
Not a problem. Post pics once you get them installed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea like that, Im trying to decide to either just do flat black on the scoop or the whole hood.

Thats a sic looking hood BTW

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Yea like that, Im trying to decide to either just do flat black on the scoop or the whole hood.

Thats a sic looking hood BTW
Thanks and I think if you wanted to do a lot of flat black, do the whole hood, roof and top of trunk lid. Use vinyl for the roof instead of painting it. Or just go with painting the hood scoop in flat black.

Man I love your hood:)
Thanks, but I got the idea from one of SP's cars (the one that's completely flat black, minus some parts that were left as exposed CF)

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
If you do the trunk I have always liked this decal. You can get it from Inertia.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
u may also try the hood like i have it on my sig, way different IMO

·
Registered
173 Posts
Something like this, but flat black instead of carbon fiber?

Flat black scoop , I also did the roof and top of the trunk with the same vinyl.These pics are of just the hood .I've had a hard time gettin shots that show the roof and trunk. They blend in with the rest of the car on camera and far away but stand out up close.........

Attachments

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Chilly i think it was ur car i saw when we had a dyno day at stack next to 07 bee with black wheels? the car was just parked there

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mabye..... it was there for about two weeks getting worked on , I know there are a few other chargers similiar to mine that all always in there!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
heres the proof, between mine and the bee

·
Registered
173 Posts
I cant really tell for sure by the pic but it probably was , when was this taken?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
well im lowered, and u can tell the car is lower than mine, and u have kws, and this was in mid april

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thats funny It was mine then, cause it was there in april:D

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
lol dude ur car was getting so many looks!!! uncluding me, lol, damn pics dont do it justice

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks man:bigthumb: I wish I would of known so I could have stopped buy! You guys going to the Hotchkis Open House this Sat?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts