Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently noticed that if I rev while in park, at idle, I get a very noticeable sucking sound coming from my intake. It's loud enough where at first, I though I had an exhaust leak. It also does it as the engine shuts down. I haven't noticed any performance loss, and honestly I don't know if it's been making the sound before and I just didn't notice it. Checked my filter, all the connects were tight, cleaned the filter just incase it was overly dirty. I have an 07 SRT with a AirRaid CAI, if anyone else has experienced this I'd appreciate any information you may have. Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
10,365 Posts
Just recently noticed that if I rev while in park, at idle, I get a very noticeable sucking sound coming from my intake. It's loud enough where at first, I though I had an exhaust leak. It also does it as the engine shuts down. I haven't noticed any performance loss, and honestly I don't know if it's been making the sound before and I just didn't notice it. Checked my filter, all the connects were tight, cleaned the filter just incase it was overly dirty. I have an 07 SRT with a AirRaid CAI, if anyone else has experienced this I'd appreciate any information you may have. Thanks in advance.
It may be a small intake leak or accessory vacuum leak not big enough to affect the performance. When we get a car that we suspect has a leak or vacuum issue, we take a quart bottle of soap suds in water and spray all around the top part of the engine.

If it is a vacuum leak sucking in, the soap suds will disappear in a specific place. If it is blowing out somewhere you will have a bubble machine.

Just a quick thought about what it might be.;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
The sucking sound from the intake while revving your engine is normal...All aftermarket CAI's will and should make that sound. and when you turn it off you should hear like from small pshhhh sound, which again, is normal.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, guys,...

...familiar with the soap trick to find leaks, but this noise is definitely coming out of the intake, right through the filter. 400HP, I'll take your word for it being normal, but I've seriously never noticed it before. It's loud enough that you can hear it when sitting in the drivers seat with the window down and the hood closed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
...familiar with the soap trick to find leaks, but this noise is definitely coming out of the intake, right through the filter. 400HP, I'll take your word for it being normal, but I've seriously never noticed it before. It's loud enough that you can hear it when sitting in the drivers seat with the window down and the hood closed.

When you drive with your foot off the pedal do you hear a sucking sound or only when you put your foot down? Do you hear a whistle sound also? If its a loud sucking sound with your foot off the pedal the intake could have a hole or it needs to be reinstalled properly but if the sound is only when you put ur foot down then its normal

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
When I press my gas pedal my car revs....normal?

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Heard mainly thru the first.2 gears the most after that it quiets down some/mostly?
Normal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts