Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, has anyone done this in there charger? i would like to do this cause i dont really want to do another big speaker project...i had my 91 CRX SI customized by Stillwater Designs Inc. so i have a nice stereo in one of my cars...i just want a little more bass sound in the car and did a search to see if anyone has done subs under their seats in a charger and didnt find any topics...any help is great...i was thinking 8" maybe 10" if i can get the box under the seat...let me know what u guys think...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:zzz: anyone???

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
not happening, and it would sound like dookie. Dont even get the bass shakers. Now if you were custom, you could put a couple 6s or an 8 firing down in your center console :). Ive done that in a few single cab trucks and it rocks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
not happening, and it would sound like dookie. Dont even get the bass shakers. Now if you were custom, you could put a couple 6s or an 8 firing down in your center console :). Ive done that in a few single cab trucks and it rocks
x2 lol under the seat = fail

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think a 8inch under seat would sound great. Pioneer has a shallow 8 inch that should work. It takes about .4 cubic foot enclosure. Your going have to remove the vent under the seat to make work or your will have to fibergalss the buttom of the box. I was thinking about putting a 8 in my front doors. I have custom kick panels with a 7 and tweeter in the floors of mine. It will not give you big bass, but it would have great midbass. Great for rock and jazz..

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think a 8inch under seat would sound great. Pioneer has a shallow 8 inch that should work. It takes about .4 cubic foot enclosure. Your going have to remove the vent under the seat to make work or your will have to fibergalss the buttom of the box. I was thinking about putting a 8 in my front doors. I have custom kick panels with a 7 and tweeter in the floors of mine. It will not give you big bass, but it would have great midbass. Great for rock and jazz..
thanks...i not looking for BIG BASS, i just want a little more that the stock BA's. the pioneer it what i was looking at, i just need to figure out amp location....oh by the way...u got any pics of ur set-up? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
177 Posts
If that's the sub setup I think it is, it would probably work great.

I don't know if it's Pioneer or not, but you can get a shallow, self-powered (amped) 8" sub in a professional looking white enclosure at some bigbox stores (Wal-Mart, actually). If you think that brand of speaker is cheap, you could probably just buy the enclosure and replace the cone.

Said enclosure is pretty shallow, should slid right under your seat. Check it out, at least.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Looks like it's BOSS brand.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Looks like it's BOSS brand.
I have this in my car right now. Let me tell you this sub can pound for a 8in sub. It doesn't matter what level it is at it sounds amazing

I never heard of this brand before but when I was looking for a sub I had a very limited budget due to having to replace 1 dead door speaker and 1 dead rear deck speaker. I also got the Boss Audio all around and they sound awesome I would have to say that you will not go wrong with this company. I don't know how much Walmart is selling these for but I got mine from onlinecarstereo.com and it was cheap.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome, glad I could help. :bigthumb:

The first thing I thought after "I wonder if he means this?" is "If he does, it'll have a matching paint job for his ride!" :rocker:
im taking my girlfriend on a trip this weekend, so this will have to wait about 2 weeks. but i will be getting two of the 10" versions....how would i wire these to the stock single disk headunit...

·
Registered
177 Posts
im taking my girlfriend on a trip this weekend, so this will have to wait about 2 weeks. but i will be getting two of the 10" versions....how would i wire these to the stock single disk headunit...
The short answer is: I don't know, find someone who installs stereos. :D

But, if I had to guess, I'd say you'll have to run a set of wires under your carpet or console to get your audio signal where you want it. Because it's a powered enclosure, you're probably going to need some accessory (i.e. powered) wire down there as well, in addition to your speaker/signal wire. Attach power to amp as directed. The BOSS sub platforms have RCA connections, I believe. Buy some RCA ends and solder them to your signal wires, then plug them in. Try them in the 'Low Input' jack first. Make sure your stereo volume is at 0, adjust your BOSS bass response knob to about 25% or less, then gradually turn up the stereo volume. If you find that the bass is unresponsive after adjusting the BOSS bass controller, reset all your volume levels (Stereo @ 0, bass response @ <25%) and then try it all over again with your signal wires plugged into the 'High Input' jacks instead.

That is, of course, if I had to guess.

Or, read the directions. :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts