Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyone doing for a decent speaker box? 12's 15's One speaker, 2? I found a box that supported 2 12" speakers in the trunk. It was custom fit for the Charger. I have an SE, so the seat does not fold down anyway.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
damn that sucks that your seat doesnt fold down ... I have a jl w7 and when i fold down the seats it sounds about twice as loud as compared to when i have the seat up. SORRY to hear that man, but anyway i have a 10" jlw7 with a jl 500 amp and it beats good ... louder than my previous system, 2 12s ...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you are interested in a real custom box setup, there are two places that I know of that make some real nice boxes, but they aren't cheap. Check out 22elite---they make flush-fit sidewall boxes for the Charger but don't have them up on their site yet, but they DO have them ready. They also have ones that are not flush with the sidewall and angle out and these REALLY look nice, but they are like 700 bucks, unpainted and unfinished. The other company to check out is Art of Noise. I have never contacted anyone here, but I have seen their work in person... nice stuff. A bit cheaper than 22 elite because it at least comes finished, but I still think both are really expensive for something that should be mass-produced. Then again, you gotta pay to have the best and most custom look. Hope this helped.

-Pat

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Z'S charger and 300 sub box's are very well priced at $129 and they hit hard and fit perfect in the LX cars. if you call them direct at 1-866-896-2862 and ask for mike he can make you one for any air space you need. he's a great guy. and if you have the skill's you can work him on the price.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn that sucks that your seat doesnt fold down ... I have a jl w7 and when i fold down the seats it sounds about twice as loud as compared to when i have the seat up. SORRY to hear that man, but anyway i have a 10" jlw7 with a jl 500 amp and it beats good ... louder than my previous system, 2 12s ...
Most people dont consider effeciancy of speakers. Those JL's are awesome. In most cases I feal a 10" does not have enough surface area to be considered a sub, or used for any real base, but in the case of the JL that you have, it is so massivly over built and when driven with 500 watts, you do have serious base. Imagine if you had a box that went the entire length of the trunk, and you had 3 of those woofers. Or what about 2 of the 12" ones?

They had to find ways to cut cost for the SE, and that was one of them. I dont mind because that is why I also own a Caliber, which I can open up to the front. With this car, my only optin is a big speaker box, so looks like if I must, I must.

The battery in the trunk is a little weard, but it is great for having all my electronics with short runs.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Z'S charger and 300 sub box's are very well priced at $129 and they hit hard and fit perfect in the LX cars. if you call them direct at 1-866-896-2862 and ask for mike he can make you one for any air space you need. he's a great guy. and if you have the skill's you can work him on the price.
I have e-mailed them a couple of times after seeing their listing on e-bay. Nice price. That is what I am considering. Currently I have one 12" Infinity Perfect, which is a very effeciant speaker.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
look at my sig with the finger monkey/thats one of his box's in my girls charger that he let me try to get the word out for him on his box's it's 3/4 MDF that i went a head and fiber glass the inside to really seal it and that sucker hit's hard with only 2 JLw1's with only 220 watts at 2ohms going to them-they hit so freaking hard that the rear view mirror is out of wack all the time

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I was looking at the box from Zenclosures. I was thinking of running Kicker L7's. I wonder if 1 in the box ported or 2 sealed would sound better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends on what you mean by sound better. Going from one woofer driven at a given power, to a second identical woofer driven at the same power, will increase your spl by 3db, thus doubling the volume. A ported box causes the speaker to sound different than a sealed box. That depends on taste. Do you want tighter sound, louder sound, deeper base, more accurate base? What are your goals?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I have been reading and researching since I have never had a subs in the trunk of a car. I believe I will go with 2 12's in a sealed box. Now I just have to convince the wife to ok the purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts