Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a little bump in the trunk. Has anyone tried this box made for the Charger on Ebay? I can't decide between 1 Kicker L7 or 2.

ebay box

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Try the search function. There was a post on this not to long ago.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
look at my sig!! thats the box. i sell that box. do 2 things before you use it-first buy some fiber glass reasin and coat the entire in side of the box and it will hit like crazy. and second dont buy it from ebay either. call mike direct at 1-866-896-2862 or go to www.Zenclosures.com

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool. I re "searched" it and found it the second time. Sorry for the "newbie repost".

Hey [email protected] You think I would be better off with 1 L7 in the box ported or 2 sealed. I dont wanna come out any farther in the trunk and that box wouldnt be big enough for 2 ported.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ok cool. I re "searched" it and found it the second time. Sorry for the "newbie repost".

Hey [email protected] You think I would be better off with 1 L7 in the box ported or 2 sealed. I dont wanna come out any farther in the trunk and that box wouldnt be big enough for 2 ported.
he can build it for single or dual sub's and it isnt going to take up much room in fact you will still be able to use the spare tire trap door on the floor thingy. dont use a ported box. all you'll do is rattle the crap out of your trunk and unless your going to port it up threw your rear deck its a waste of time/go with a sealed box and this is why i want you to call mike dirrect so he can make it to the right spects you need. he has all the air space charts for every woofer out there and will build you up some thing quick and to your needs. 90% of the time you'll have your box with in 4 or 5 days of calling him. and another thing is the charger is hard to get bass in threw to the interior of the car. well that depends on what your use to as far as bass-me i have to have it pounding so 1 woofer wont cut the mustard for me-if all you want is a little bass fill in-then 0ne L7 WILL BE GOOD. but if you want to scare the paint off of 94 honda's then you'll need 2

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
It is hard to get bass into the interior of the chargers. I had 2 15" kicker comp cvr 15's and it wasn't nearly as loud as I thought. I am actually going with 2 L7 12's now. What do you think [email protected]?
If you are having trouble getting the bass into the car, cut a port or two in your rear deck and either cover them with a speaker grill, or some type of mesh and recover the entire deck with a grill coth or something. Usually materials, if they are pourous (sp?) enough, won't bother bass.

·
Registered
67 Posts
2 l7's sounds like the way to go I'm giving my single 10 to my wife and going with 2 12's but first I will be doing a lot of sound deadening.Good luck to you and thanks to Sound & Security for the advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you open up the hole where the 8in sub in the rear deck would go, would that allow enough bass to get through? Or will that cause another rattle?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yea I thought about the ports. A friend of mine has 4 15's in an avalanche and he has custom ports cut in his deck and that **** quakes.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
yes you have to cut and port the rear deck-BUT-i simple fix for that is theres a 8 inch hole in the rear deck already for the rear deck sub so all you do is remove the rear deck than remove the sub-and you can order on line threw www.partsexpress.com a port with tapered ends on both ends and a 8 inch sleeve that you can cut down-next you cut a 3 or 4 inch hole to fit your new port in the center of the rear deck carpet dead center of the grill mesh for the factory sub then reinstall the rear deck and reach threw and mark the bottom side of the trunk trim panel and cut that out also. then cut your port sleeve to fit so to link the to ends together and your done. you need a 4 inch port kit with flaired ends on both side and at least a 8 inch port sleeve- theres about 8 inchs of dead space betwwen the top of the rear deck and the bottom of the trunk trim panel. and this will help bring bass in to the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts