Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now im on the verge of buying a used Superchips Flashpaq.
ive also been looking very seriously at the diablo predators.

i cant decide, i know that the predator will be at least a little bit better if nothing else, but im not exactly on a huge budget here, especially with the mods i have planned for my bday in exactly 1 month hehe :)

so i was hoping some one could shed a little light on what a predator can do for me that a superchips cant.

predator says about 15 rwhp expected. what does superchips do?

i hate to ask this since i know its been discussed, but ive spent the last 2 hours searching the forum and cant get a very distict answer.

any type of input you guys could throw together about how these two compare would be beyond appreciated

thx a ton yall!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well I have been researching both of these programmers as well. They both seem to be good units from what I have researched, but everyone seems to tell me that basically the diablo sport is top notch, while the superchips is supposedly a close second. They are suppost to be the best two and as new units there isn't much difference in the price of the two. However if you have found a good deal on the superchips, I would probably go with that. Me on the other hand am trying to save up a little at a time to buy the hypertech hyperpac cuz I think it would be cool to have your own onboard dyno and drag strip. By the way if anyone has installed on of these let me know what you think about it.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand there is a download for the SC flashpaq that lets you essentially have an onbard dragstrip, as you put it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I did not know that. Thanks I'll check into it. I am sure that it is a really good unit if u are looking for a few extra horses.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also one other thing ive been curious about the SC tuner. everyone tunes to 91 oct. but i cannot find a single pump that has that stuff here in houston tx. its either 89 or 93. waht gives?

apparently its the exact opposite and that others cant find 93.... but as forme, ive seen 91 oct maybe like 5 times in my life. so... tuned to 91.... and i can only use 93? idk if i should get the SC just cuz of that

·
Registered
263 Posts
Can't speak from experience, but after some research, it seems like SC has some customer service issues, whereas Diablo (and its vendors) have been praised for answering customer questions (if you can get past the lack of release date thing. :) )

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i prefer tostitos. but im talking electronic chips damn it TBY hahaha.

ive also heard taht as well tho quicksilver. im not looking to make some super custom tune, im more of a street driver but i really love to drive and wanna improve my car some more.

the problem is, if im going to spend money, whether i spend 250 on a used SC or 400 on a new predator, i want to make sure it was well spent, rather than saving money for something that isnt the best for that price. id rather pay more and get the EXACT same thing that is the best.

that said... what can the predator do for a daily driver that rarely drives the speed limit, that a SC cant haha. and what is the deal with the 93 octane not being on the SC and no 91 octane in houston lol

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<--will perform sexual favors for more input

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I think SC claims 10 hp, and I'd say that is about right. Diablo is much better, because you gain more hp, and have a lot more features.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have been trying to decide between the 2 as well. My cousin sells Superchips so of course he has nothing good to say about Diablo.

I think I will wait until everyone on here gets their Predators and then see what the reviews are.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
im sure this is a dumb question by what does a chip do to ur warrenty?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im no expert so im sorta regurgitating(spelling?) a lot of what ive heard but....

the chip has different tunes that you can set it to. the performance tunes, or your stock tunes that your car comes out of the factory with.

when you reset it to stock tune, unplug the chip and take it in, and they cant tell that youve used it.

As far as if they can some how tell that you have used it... then it wont void warrantly unless they can prove that it contributed to whatever is causing the problem on your vehicle. at least such is the case with exhaust modification, so i can only imagine it applies here as well.

hope that helps, perhaps some one else could be more detailed

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Ive played around with the superchips programer on a friends 5.7 and ive also used the predator to tune a friends mustang. I was way more impressed with the predator. In my oppion the superchips is kind of out dated. You said you weren't looking for some crazy custom tune. Well with the predator you can get 20+whp from an "out of the box" tune. If you decide down the road to do some more "extreme" modding or you just want to get every last horsepower out of your existing set up, just contact us and we will be able to email you a tune that you can load on to your pedator. Having the option to do a custom tune is an awsome feature. We have a group buy going on now and i can promise you we can get you one for WAY less than $400.00, PM me for a price. Honestly man im not trying to throw you a sales pitch here im just speaking from my experiences. Heres a pretty up to date Q/A thread that should give you a little bit mor info:
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=72459&highlight=diablo
-Bill

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I don't know how people are stating the the Predator is better than the Superchips (For the Charger)....The Pretator is not out for the Charger yet.....

You can't compare a Predator that works on a Mustang(or another make) to Superchips that works on a Charger...it has to be One:One (Predator Charger vs Superchips Charger).......it's only fair. The same brand Programmer will operate differently on various cars.

Let's see how well the Predator will do once it's released for the Charger. The only folks who are giving high praise for the Predator for the Charger are those who are selling them...and the customer service for Superchips has been ok for me..I am sure Diablo has great customer service, but let's see how responsive they are once the product is released, and the amount of service calls/emails they get.

I am not defending Superchips, and I have nothing to gain doing so, but my car has benefited very well from it, and if you are going to compare products, let's just wait until both can be compared side-by-side by individual users who have nothing to gain.

- Mark

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't know how people are stating the the Predator is better than the Superchips (For the Charger)....The Pretator is not out for the Charger yet.....

You can't compare a Predator that works on a Mustang(or another make) to Superchips that works on a Charger...it has to be One:One (Predator Charger vs Superchips Charger).......it's only fair. The same brand Programmer will operate differently on various cars.

Let's see how well the Predator will do once it's released for the Charger. The only folks who are giving high praise for the Predator for the Charger are those who are selling them...and the customer service for Superchips has been ok for me..I am sure Diablo has great customer service, but let's see how responsive they are once the product is released, and the amount of service calls/emails they get.

I am not defending Superchips, and I have nothing to gain doing so, but my car has benefited very well from it, and if you are going to compare products, let's just wait until both can be compared side-by-side by individual users who have nothing to gain.

- Mark
Exactly why I will be waiting for it to be released and reviewed before I buy it.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
So just to leach off this post... What, if any tuner would ya'll suggest for the 3.5 L V-6? Unfortunately, I got a good deal on a SE, so no SRT8...yet.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts

- Mark
Im simply stating that i feel the diablo sport predator is a better product. Ive used both products and i think the predator is all around a better quality piece. Now i know the predator hasn't been released yet, but there is about 8 cars beta testing the tuner now, including the PPP 300c and the reviews i've heared are nothing less than stellar. The predator will open many doors for the lx community. But i totally understand where you guys are coming from. I've already seen proof that it works, so im a believer. Like i said before im not some sales man, im an enthusiast before anything else.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts