Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled into the garage last week when I got home after work. About an hour later, I go back outside to find that an ironing board, which has been in the same spot for weeks has now decided it wanted to fall into my drivers door, scratching the paint down to the primer in a good 15" long streak that was only broken when it hit the side molding (one more reason I'm glad I'm part of the small crowd that actually likes em here).

I was so steamed, I picked up the ironing board and quickly glanced around for something to smash it into though luckily quickly settled my nerves with thoughts of painfully swollen fists and broken foot bones from previous similar outbursts

I haven't gotten an estimate yet, but this is definitely paintshop territory

and to make matters slightly worse, I kept my Charger in the garage all weekend and borrowed my dad's XJ8 Jaguar to take to Florida and now hate my Charger's seats after driving it this morning for the first time since Thursday. It felt like I was driving a truck compared to the Jag

dammit

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I pulled into the garage last week when I got home after work. About an hour later, I go back outside to find that an ironing board, which has been in the same spot for weeks has now decided it wanted to fall into my drivers door, scratching the paint down to the primer in a good 15" long streak that was only broken when it hit the side molding (one more reason I'm glad I'm part of the small crowd that actually likes em here).

I was so steamed, I picked up the ironing board and quickly glanced around for something to smash it into though luckily quickly settled my nerves with thoughts of painfully swollen fists and broken foot bones from previous similar outbursts

I haven't gotten an estimate yet, but this is definitely paintshop territory

and to make matters slightly worse, I kept my Charger in the garage all weekend and borrowed my dad's XJ8 Jaguar to take to Florida and now hate my Charger's seats after driving it this morning for the first time since Thursday. It felt like I was driving a truck compared to the Jag

dammit
You aren't the only person who likes the moldings. Hopefully this works out for you.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Man that sucks, I had a similar incident with the Firebird I had (traded it in for charger) we had a mirror that, when I parked in the garage must have tiped and landed on the front of the car, I didnt notice so I jumped in and backed it out and all you could here was the screeching of the screws on the back of the mirror go down the front part of the hood and front bumper.....Wife was in the car with me and turns her head and said"at least it was you who did it and not me"....

Sorry man, good luck!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear.

·
Registered
349 Posts
owwww. sorry to hear that. good luck on the repair :awkward:

·
Registered
359 Posts
what color is the primer. I have a chip but i cant tell if its grey primer or bare metal?

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
That sucks, sorry to hear it. BTW, I'm in the minority with you

GO SIDE MOLDINGS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts