Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was recently attacked by the ever so popular pink thingy. Stuck in park while trying to leave a dodge dealership after looking at challengers. Go figure, what is the irony!! Service dept told me it would be roughly $250 to replace, said they see this prob a lot and the part was dealer only. Thank god i don't take their word for it. Im no sucker for ever paying a dealer for nothing i can find or fix. Fortunately called my girl and she knew about this forum and quickly got me out of a jam. Got the car home, got on here, saw lots of posts about this same thing, long story short, thanks to the one who recommended www.rockauto.com ... Got the part that is supposed to be dealer only for like $21 including the shipping!! And this part aint made of no damn plastic, its solid aluminum.

So i wanted to pay it forward, those of you who need this piece, don't take it to the stealership, you can find it here for under $19 and your choice of shipping:

www.rockauto.com, made by dorman, part #924706

good luck :)

06 CHARGER SXT

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Not bad for $19 ... seems to be pretty much a cheaper version of the BT piece ...

Why is the OP banned after one post ? that's kinda weird ... :knockout:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Lol intsa ban

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Harsh.....

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
not often a mod will explain his actions, but this time I will...

User created several different ID's - rule violation
All the user ID's began shilling for rock auto - rule violation

It was a tough decision, because the product appears to be another alternative to fixing the transmissions, but this is no different then the user from an over seas company that attempts to create several ID's and selling either a website or other product. Had the original user left it at the one ID and just left it at one post...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
not often a mod will explain his actions, but this time I will...

User created several different ID's - rule violation
All the user ID's began shilling for rock auto - rule violation

It was a tough decision, because the product appears to be another alternative to fixing the transmissions, but this is no different then the user from an over seas company that attempts to create several ID's and selling either a website or other product. Had the original user left it at the one ID and just left it at one post...
I understand about multiple ID's ......

rockauto.com is a supporting vendor though ..... ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
This happened to me on Trursday. Bad thing is, I had no choice but take it to the dealer. I was 180 miles from home and needed to get home that night. Cost me $400. I had to sit on a doghnut the rest of the drive home after it was fixed.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
This happened to me on Trursday. Bad thing is, I had no choice but take it to the dealer. I was 180 miles from home and needed to get home that night. Cost me $400. I had to sit on a doghnut the rest of the drive home after it was fixed.
Dealerships replace the whole shifter assembly not just the little piece that breaks.

It took me 1 hr to back off the center console, remove the shifter assembly, replace the pink piece with the BT unit, and restore everything.

A tech that does these all the time probably does them in about 15-20 minutes while bagging over 1 hr labor ...

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I understand about multiple ID's ......

rockauto.com is a supporting vendor though ..... ;)
yes, and they have people assigned (or should have) that can answer questions and even promote their product. It was the shilling that's a nono.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased that part from RockAuto parts for the shift interchangable lock. Has anyone installed this part themselves? Is it hard? I was told by the customer rep for RockAuto that the instructions to install it is in the dodge repair manual. Does anyone have this repair manual in pdf?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just purchased that part from RockAuto parts for the shift interchangable lock. Has anyone installed this part themselves? Is it hard? I was told by the customer rep for RockAuto that the instructions to install it is in the dodge repair manual. Does anyone have this repair manual in pdf?
Follow this link for all your Pink Thingy needs!

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=127191

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you!!!!!

I know there are some very "Car Smart" girls out there....unfortunately for me, I am not one of them..... (but smart enough to find this forum!!!).... I just want to thank ALLLL of the folks who take the time to post and educate folks like me!

Thru this forum I learned that this was a KNOWN ISSUE for Dodge, who sent out RANDOM recall notices (based on region and # of complaints according to the warranty/recall dept)...BUT of course, MY VIN was not included in this notice.....and they would be happy to "help" get me a reduced fee at the dealer....GRRRRR!!!!!

But also thru this forum found that I CAN get my car out of park and drive it, purchase this part for under $20 from a reputable vendor, get some car-smart friends (i think one post said...beer should be included)....and get my car fixed for cheap!!!!

MOST APPRECIATED CHARGERFORUM.com USERS!!!!! :clap: Im a happy girl!!!! :beerchug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts