Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this one any good? Any recommendations from anyone who currently has one on their car, and recommended vendor to source from? Not sure I like:

Ready to install, easy bolt-on installation

No Instructions Included, Professional Installation Highly Recommended :knockout:

If it is bolt on, why would I need professional installation????

·
Registered
424 Posts
Don't see a reference to anything and the links aren't working, at least for me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
That looks just like the DC Sports one (which I have) and if it takes you more than a couple minutes to install, you're doing it wrong. Just unscrew the three nuts on each side, place bar on, replace nuts, and you're done.

Picture of it installed (note that I do have custom billet strut covers)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Why would you need a Pro to install that?
Looks like a Knock off of the DC bar... Not a bad price....

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Techco all the way!

:rocker:

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
looks hawt....as said, you dont need pro instal...you dont need instructions....i ALMOST bet my gf could do it.

link for the one pictured above me? im going with the red engine look pry.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I know a lot of the local guys who had the Techco moved to Razors Edge eventually. I think supposedly the Razors Edge performs better. I don't know how anyone could feel a difference, but whatever. :)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Will it clear the raised manifold if you have spacers? What about the Mopar piece?

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm running a Razor's Edge piece and I love the fit and finish ... but be ready to get no instructions ... I read a few write-ups from other members who installed theirs, and got it done in about an hour, moving kinda slowly since it was my first time :)

My set-up :

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just wish I didn't have to remove the engine cover! :(
with the razors edge, u dont have to. i had one on my R/T (before i sold it) with the engine cover still on.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I know a lot of the local guys who had the Techco moved to Razors Edge eventually. I think supposedly the Razors Edge performs better. I don't know how anyone could feel a difference, but whatever. :)
Placebo

This is not a torsionally challenged fox body

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'm not so sure MCaesar, it may help the suspension sub-frame as quite a few report. Also, suprisingly, manufacturers still install them on the upgraded versions of their otherwise stiff cars.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would like to add that I had ordered that ebay item and attempted to install.

I will try again tomorrow but the bar is about 1/4 inch too long so one side does not fit as of the moment so obviously the unit can't go on.... figures for the price.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Took it to my friends shop and we lifted the car to take pressure off the mounts and when finally mounted it sits right on top of the intake manifold... HORRIBLE

As you would obviously think it causes extreme vibration so it was taken off immediatly...hopefully I can get my money back

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That does not fit our cars, i purchased one a while back and it does not line up, send it back to get your money back. I sent those idiots a video and pictures of how far it is off. Also if you search about a year ago or so there were some folks who bought it here and modified it to work which i dont think modifying this would be good imo.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That does not fit our cars, i purchased one a while back and it does not line up, send it back to get your money back. I sent those idiots a video and pictures of how far it is off. Also if you search about a year ago or so there were some folks who bought it here and modified it to work which i dont think modifying this would be good imo.
Yea I emailed them twice already and I will wait to see whats going on.
Thanks anyway for the advice though :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts