Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a fellow charger owner who had a nice set up. 2010 charger r/t but he said he had it taken to the dealer and had it bored out to about a 6.1. He said it cost him about $1200. I began looking into what he said and the only thing I found to change a 5.7 to a 6.1 are stroker kits that run about $4000. Can someone provide me with some better insight on what has to be done to increase displacement?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
For $1200 he's full of crap. The pistons alone would cost close to that. You would have to take the bore from 3.917 to 4.055......largest I have seen a 5.7 bored is 4" and that require the block to be carefully sonic checked first to make sure it will be thick enough to take the bore. Doing a stroker would get the biggest increase in displacement but you will be changing crank,rods and pistons.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes there is no way 1200 bucks made his 5.7 a 6.1 . You can find good used 6.1 Around but then you will want more lol! Next you will want a 426 block from Arlington engines . So just save 5800. Bucks and get a 426 block set up and then get 6.1 heads for it like all us 6.1 guys want to do . This charger addiction is real bad! Ha ha !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
985 Posts
Ha ha. Ha....hahaha. Part Deux runs this bish and Hemi31 is probably the most knowledgeable person on this site when it comes to building a Hemi.... Good luck talking shit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Chill out papi we don't want you pullin a muscle on your keyboard. I got good advice, there's no problems over here.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The stupid is strong with this one...

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Ha ha. Ha....hahaha. Part Deux runs this bish and Hemi31 is probably the most knowledgeable person on this site when it comes to building a Hemi.... Good luck talking shit.
This site... how about the country?

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
thats cool man and im sure hes glad to hear hes got a new butt buddy around
ok, I'll play.

If your buddy built this magic engine for $1,200 please post parts list and copies of labor invoices so us lesser people can stopped getting ripped off by the super wealthy mod companies.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I dunno...I think I can bore that 5.7L out to 6.1L for $1200. Of course, the factory pistons may rattle around a little...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I think I might have the perfect oil for that rattle.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I think I might have the perfect oil for that rattle.
Nah, you just need piston spacers...kinda like throttle body spacers...they increase the flow and reduce heat...but only if they are properly hyper-grounded.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts