Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about adding some sort of dress up to the exterior of the R/T. Though I don't think Rally/Shelby style stripes will look right on the larger bodied charger. Anyone have plans for C-stripes or the similar?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Although I might have an opinion, I do not know exactly what "rally", "shelby", nor "C" stripes are. Can you explain or show examples?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks rogelio, I get the rally stripe concept now.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shelby is a single large wide center stripe with 2 much smaller 1/2-1" side stripes spaced about 1" out from the center.

C-stripes are just along the doors and rockers generally in a reverse C ending near the fender flare, though they are done sometimes with the base of the C near the front fender flare.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am thinking of getting a butt stripe on my future Black Charger done up in yellow should look bad ass...

Later

·
Registered
289 Posts
Rogelio Aguilera:

How did you score the big red R/T Daytona style emblem on the front grill? How is it attached? I want one of those. Very cool.

·
Registered
619 Posts
racer x, i got them from a dealer on ebay. they are the 68' charger grille emblem and they have 2 spots on the back for bolts for you to attch to the emblem on the grille.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Nice Ride!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Mandrake, get 2 bolts to fit the holes on the back of the emblem. i think their 8-32's and 3 inches long.(bolts that is) then get 2 large washers and 2 nuts to fit the bolts.
1)put the nuts and washers on the bolt 1/2 way up.
2)put the bolt and washer through the back of the grille.
3)put the emblem up to the bolts and tighten the bolts.
4) now tighten the nuts until the washers tighten up against the back of the grille.
5) tada... that should do it.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
349 Posts
IT looks like a charger trying to be a mustang(shelby). It looks as though the charger is suffering from an identity crisis from this pic IMO!!! :happy:

·
Registered
619 Posts
JohnnyG, i dont know why some people think because it has stripes they are automaticly trying to be a mustng. there are other cars that have stripes; hell, almost every muscle car has had stripes on it at one time or another. so if you feel it looks like a mustang because it has stripes then alot of cars must look that way to you; that would make you a little obsessive over the mustang. your problem.IMO. :happy:

·
Registered
619 Posts
hurunga, yes that was me at the telegraph cruise. what were you driving? i saw a couple of magnums, 1 charger(red) and 1 SRT-8(black). i tried to get next to these cars to recruit more people to thuis fine site and set up a meet with my fellow LXers.

·
Registered
349 Posts
rogelio aguilera said:
JohnnyG, i dont know why some people think because it has stripes they are automaticly trying to be a mustng. there are other cars that have stripes; hell, almost every muscle car has had stripes on it at one time or another. so if you feel it looks like a mustang because it has stripes then alot of cars must look that way to you; that would make you a little obsessive over the mustang. your problem.IMO. :happy:
Sad thing is,it still reminds me of a ford,so I would re-locate the strips like around the back end or maybe the sides,but like I said this baby is suffering from an identity crisis,called a ford(shelby stripes),IMO!! :happy:

·
Registered
604 Posts
JohnnyG said:
Sad thing is,it still reminds me of a ford,so I would re-locate the strips like around the back end or maybe the sides,but like I said this baby is suffering from an identity crisis,called a ford(shelby stripes),IMO!! :happy:
he doesnt have shelby stripes you moron

·
Registered
619 Posts
johnnyG, hey i saw an eclipse with stripes, i saw a jeep with stripes, i saw a taurus with stripes, i saw a focus with stripes and i saw an aztec with stripes; so in your eyes all these cars must look like mustangs BECAUSE of stripes. do you own a charger; really, because obviously you think the stripes put the finishing touches to the charger to make a mustnag look-alike. go sell your charger if ya really have one because i think you accidentily stepped into a dodge dealership and bought yourself a real car when you were looking for a mustang.IMO :happy:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
rogelio aguilera said:
I see 2 Vipers almost weekly, one black w/ red stripes and one white w/ blue stripes, AND the stripes look just like yours (just trying to help you prove your point)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts