Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i know its illeagal, but im willing to guess that most of us here partake in a little race now and then, so heres the thread to post about them

yesterday i pulled up to a red light and had a 300c pull up next to me
now, i was saying to my buddy that this would be a pointless race, meaning it would be head-to-head the whole way
to my surprise it wasnt even close
i smoked that 300 hemi
i know hes probably much heavier than i, but still i was pleasently surprised

do any of you guys get the imports that want to race
it happens to me everyday
i dont get what they could be thinking

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
brooks said:
yes i know its illeagal, but im willing to guess that most of us here partake in a little race now and then, so heres the thread to post about them

yesterday i pulled up to a red light and had a 300c pull up next to me
now, i was saying to my buddy that this would be a pointless race, meaning it would be head-to-head the whole way
to my surprise it wasnt even close
i smoked that 300 hemi
i know hes probably much heavier than i, but still i was pleasently surprised

do any of you guys get the imports that want to race
it happens to me everyday
i dont get what they could be thinking
the 300C and the Charger are so identical, that if you "smoked him" it means you were racing him, but he was not racing you.... point blank....

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Congrats on the win! I have driven the 300C and, of course, have a Charger RT. Both cars jump off the line and are fast as heck. I think from 'seat of the pants' driving the Charger feels faster/quicker than the 300C so beating it doesn't surprise me. I also believe the Charger is slightly lighter with, again, slight aerodynamic differences. One of these days maybe I'll pull up next to a 300C and get to 'smoke' his ride..... :rockon:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
OR quite possibly, youve driven your car hard, while his has been babied. These adaptive tranny adjust to match driver usage. Drop the hammer constantly, it snaps the shift. Lazily press the pedal always? Smoother, but slower shifts it is.

Power should be the same, weight difference is not enough to cause a smokin'.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've heard that weight difference is only about 30lbs, another difference are upgrades from 05 to 06 that could add a hair more hp (ie. no plug wires, a little bit of porting done on the heads, etc). I know that our Charger bone stock yielded more hp than stock 05 Magnums and 300s on the same set of rollers. But no where near enough difference between the two to make a Smokin'

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used the term "smoked" losly

let me simplify

i pulled on him fairly easy from the green
i gained a constant gap from the start

he wasnt far behind, but i did pull away

edit: i was shifing manually, maybe he wasnt

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Gotcha:) Now, before I get accused down the road of being a hypocrite on this subject, Ill state my views. A simple stoplight run, cool. A highway pull, fine. AS long as there are no "civilians" that can be in ANY way endangered, I'm cool.

Folks talk about F&F type crap, weaving in and out of traffic, high speeds in congested areas, I'm going off. :) Just ask anyone over at SRTforums:)

·
Registered
608 Posts
GLHS837 said:
Gotcha:) Now, before I get accused down the road of being a hypocrite on this subject, Ill state my views. A simple stoplight run, cool. A highway pull, fine. AS long as there are no "civilians" that can be in ANY way endangered, I'm cool.

Folks talk about F&F type crap, weaving in and out of traffic, high speeds in congested areas, I'm going off. :) Just ask anyone over at SRTforums:)
I know this is true

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think the charger is a great sleeper car on the streets because at first glance you see a 4 door sedan and this will fool many unsuspecting ricers....they won't know until they get a lesson in Hemi power....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts