Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would post the couple of pix I took the other morning at work. Some friends and I did the install over the weekend in my driveway. I definitely feel a big difference in the ride and I had the Road & Track package shocks to begin with. The install was time consuming and I couldn't have did it without the friends I had there.

I dropped the front about 1.75" and the rear 2". I am going to raise the rear a little eventually. I am waiting on my adjustable camber bushings to come in. The best investment I made was buying a lifetime alignment because I know I'll be going back again and again till I get things dialed in to my satisfaction.

Thanks for the awesome customer service and fast shipping.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! Either the back needs to come up or you need to drop the nose to "level" it.
Thanks. Yes, I plan to raise the rear to get an even height all the way around. My measurements were wrong when deciding what setting to put them at in the rear and we saw the difference once she was on the ground. By then we were too tired to mess with it anymore so we just left it and will get it fixed another day.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Looks good. Better then the last time I saw it, jk. What made the install so time consuming? I did my Eibach coils by myself in about 5 hours... With LOTS of cussing and regrouping along the way...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. Better then the last time I saw it, jk. What made the install so time consuming? I did my Eibach coils by myself in about 5 hours... With LOTS of cussing and regrouping along the way...

Nice. You are a better man than me, sir. There are a couple of things that made my install so difficult.
1. Gravel driveway.
2. No air tools.
3. We installed the rears by only removing that one rear cradle bolt and that bolt gave us a lot of problems trying to line it back up to tighten it all back down.

Each time we did one side it was a learning experience and the opposite side went much smoother. My guess is the first front took an hour and a half the second front an hour. The first rear took about 2 hours and the second rear an hour and a half. Not too bad for a crew of guys that are only part time wrenchers.

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you took the same "one bolt" out in the rear that I did, you're right, it is a complete pain to get back in. And on gravel? How are the adjustments? Some people are saying they're not that easy to get too. Which is what I thought the point of coilover was supposed to be.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm a couple of months into my SE coilovers, and I'm pretty happy with em. One issue I have is a clunking noise coming from my pass rear. I took a quick glance a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything out of sorts. It's gotten a little worse in the past week or so. I'm gonna hafta dig in a little and see what it is.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you took the same "one bolt" out in the rear that I did, you're right, it is a complete pain to get back in. And on gravel? How are the adjustments? Some people are saying they're not that easy to get too. Which is what I thought the point of coilover was supposed to be.

I've yet to adjust them but will be doing so this weekend or Monday at the latest. I just got the adjustable camber bushings delivered today. I am currently -2.2 degrees out of spec in the rear for camber. Once I raise it up that should change so I will go get another alignment. Then I will know how much to set the bushings at to bring them back into spec. The bushings allow up to -1.5 degrees of correction so I should be good.
I'm afraid the only way to do any adjusting is going to be by taking that one bolt out again and dropping that cradle enough to take the tension off the spring. So it's not going to be an easy task.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a couple of months into my SE coilovers, and I'm pretty happy with em. One issue I have is a clunking noise coming from my pass rear. I took a quick glance a few weeks ago, and didn't see anything out of sorts. It's gotten a little worse in the past week or so. I'm gonna hafta dig in a little and see what it is.
Interesting. I'll keep my ears open. I've read some things about the BC coil overs clunking after time. The solutions ranged from loctite on the lower bolts in the cradle to just plain torquing everything down monkey tight.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm thinking maybe the top bolt on the damper. I'll have to pop it out and take a look.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Shoot me an email so we can discuss this. We want to get it fixed

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, a friend and I got the rear springs raised last night in about an hour and a half. The first side took an hour and by some miracle we were able to get the last side done in about 25 minutes. I was amazed at how smoothly it went. Anyways, here are a couple of after pix.
All four corners are within an 1/8" of matching. I'm satisfied with them now. So I need to get another alignment and then install the camber correction bushings to bring it back into spec. Then one last alignment just to be sure and I should be done with my suspension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts