Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Thursday on "Street Customs" on TLC they're doing Gary Dourdan's Charger.

Could be worth a peek...

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/streetcustoms/index.html

http://turbo.discovery.com/street-customs/episodes/episodes.html

DOURDAN CHARGER
Premieres Oct. 25 at 10 p.m. ET
Gary Dourdan, star of the TV show CSI, cruises into West Coast Customs with a plan for his classic Dodge Charger that could be the biggest challenge the shop has ever faced. Meanwhile, Toyota of America commissions WCC to transform the mild-mannered, eco-friendly Prius into a slick ride, built for the next generation. While Sean drags his feet on fabrication of the Charger, several departments threaten to mutiny. And one West Coast employee goes from Ryan’s doghouse to the jailhouse.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have had this set on tivo since i saw the previews last week!! i can't wait. :lol:
I never watch TV. I hope I remember to tune in.

Plus Thursday is Swanky Beer Night.

Highly unlikely I'll be sober enough to...:lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never watch TV. I hope I remember to tune in.

Plus Thursday is Swanky Beer Night.

Highly unlikely I'll be sober enough to...:lol:
Well...had a GREAT Swanky Beer Night, which means I forgot to watch. :knockout:

Anyone see this? Is it worth trying to find a re-run???

-=FLEX=-

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
They didn`t do that one last night - they did a different one. I fell asleep and caught it at the end. They did some chicks Camero and some other things.

NO CHARGER

·
Registered
537 Posts
I refuse to watch that show after I saw them doing that train wreck of a show called Pimp My Ride. WCC used to be a reputable shop in the custom car/truck world. I remember when I was getting into mini trucks them coming out with some amazing looking, VERY innovative rides. I lost all respect when they started putting 34 tv monitors in the trunk of a $300 car.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
They don`t do rides like PIMP did anymore - they are actually turning out some nice rides now. Last week they turned a 4 door Range Rover into a 2 door with a big clear roof. Supposed to be a RR concept from a few years ago.

They did a Caremo for some actress chick that was cool, black on black on black with ghost flames.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
On the second link Flex gave, it says the show is aired Nov. 1st

Flex ... gotta ask, what is Swanky beer night? I sounds like if we don't have a night like that already here, we need to make it so. :D

·
Registered
831 Posts
They didn`t do that one last night - they did a different one. I fell asleep and caught it at the end. They did some chicks Camero and some other things.

NO CHARGER
it came on twice. the 1st one was of the charger and the 2nd was of the camaro and that f-350. i missed the 1 with the charger too.

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ahh, yes...Swanky Beer Night

Flex ... gotta ask, what is Swanky beer night? I sounds like if we don't have a night like that already here, we need to make it so. :D
Here's a link to another thread: SBN (aka Thirsty Thursday)

It's basically pub nite, thirsty Thursday, mini-Friday; whatever ya want to call it.

Miss Foxxxy and I came up with the name Swanky Beer Night when we first started dating. We would ALWAYS have a date on Thursday. She would get a babysitter for her son, and I would usually cook a nice meal for her at my place, and we'd buy some really expensive imported beer. I think once she said something like "Oh this is really swanky" and it just stuck. Now that we live together it's not as much of a production, but I make sure I don't stay at the office late on Thursdays, and we still have a great night every Thursday, no matter what. :wink:

I love having little rituals...

When her son goes to his Dad's, we call that LSN (loud 53>< night). :D :devil: :D

-=FLEX=-

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the immortal words of Captain Jean-Luc Picard:

Make it so, Number One!!!

·
Premium Member
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
2,504 Posts
I just saw this today, and it was kinda cool!

They took a 1968 Dodge Charger and merged it with a Dodge Charger SRT8.

The outside is the old Charger, and the inside is the new Charger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vCMtYQKEZ4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts