Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, stared on Friday. If you push on the dome/map lights to turn them on manually they start flashing rapidly and won't stay on steady. Also, it drained the battery overnight enough that all the lights worked, but it wouldn't crank over the motor. A quick jump start and it fired right up. Drove it yesterday fine, but this morning got up again and the battery voltage was down to 11.5V and the interior lights still flash when you push on them to turn them on. If you open the doors they come on fine. I think I may know a possible cause. I attempted to hardwire in my GPS power cord. I tapped off the map lights in the front for power. When the key is off and all interior lights are off, there is still 10VDC on the line. I'm guessing this is enough to power the lights when you push on the button. As soon as you turn the ignition on it goes up to 12VDC(or whatever the charge on the battery is). This 10vdc isn't enough to power the GPS unit though and the LED on the GPS will flash on and off when it's at the 10VDC. I unplugged the power cord from the GPS hoping it wouldn't be a problem, but I guess it is. But what I can't understand is I did the hardwiring for the GPS last weekend, but didn't start having problems until Friday.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
And is there a good ignition switched 12vdc wire I could tap into in the passenger side pillar area?

edit: Found out I had to go behind the glove box to find it on the '08s. All wired up and working properly now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts