Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be hard to explain but..... when I let off the brakes slowly like in heavy traffic or apply them slowly like in heavy traffic the moment they start to either slow down or take off it makes a wierd squeak sound under light pressure. If I press harder it goes away. Example if Im traveling 30 and I start to slow down it will be normal until like 5 then make a wierd squeak sound until 0. This is under light normal pressure, in a panic nothing makes noise except me :D.

I never noticed with my stockers, maybe Im over sensitive now that I have on these 22s or maybe because they have a more open face I can hear **** better? I dunno. Maybe Im retarded and its late and I've been sucking in saw dust all night trying to finish my stripclubs bar tops? Meh!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
hmm, dont really know why there would be a noise like that. i believe those 22s are around the same weight as the stockers correct?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I think the fronts are like 1lbs and the rear 2lbs heavier? The pedal feels the same I drive the same I just seem to hear it more or feel it a lil too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html this is a great tire calculator, put in your stock size tire then your new size, it tells you exactly how much difference your speedometer will be off and also if you are more than 3% off you get this warning popup saying you may run the risk of brake failure. just take a look at it,let us know what % you are off as far as tire sizes. don't know but the sound may have something to do with all this brake stuff.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if my calculations are correct Im actually smaller overall according to this other tire size calc. the one you posted didn't work for me.

Stock tires are 245/45/20 (F) and 255/45/20 (R) I believe on stock SRT8s, my new tires are 265/30/22 (F) and 295/25/22 (R)

Which means im -1.5% in front and -3.0% rear! So im in fact smaller now? WTF!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts