Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I know none of us would do anything as irresponsible as street race but I'm sure that some of us have had ample oppurtunity to smack down some other rides at the occasional stoplight. I've had my car for about a month and have unfortunately not come across this opportunity. Please share your situations and the kind of car involved the showdown. Win/lose/draw, it's all in good fun.

·
Registered
403 Posts
well im young and dumb. So far when the cars running I have beat the following.

1. Rsx-S
2. RX-8
3 Integra GSR
4 Eclipse Turbo
5 New body Mustang GT
6 Turbo Probe v6
7 Cobalt SS
8 Redline

theres more but these are the ones Im sure were testing me.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
man not really a red light story but every damn hick in the world seems to want to race me with their chevy trucks....anyone else having this problem? had a moron pull up next to me and start revving his engine and then take off next to me....this would have been my cue to go racing, but we were in a school zone!!!! damn hicks and their chevy trucks :confused: :happy:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Way to represent Goofy! I can't wait wait to grind some rice. Sorry about the things that have happened w/ your car, I think you have had enough problems to make up for all of the rest of us. Crank pulley coming off? Holy S**T, I suppose you've been hit by lightning and bitten by a shark at the same time...sounds like your kind of luck! :knockout:

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
GoDaddy said:
man not really a red light story but every damn hick in the world seems to want to race me with their chevy trucks....anyone else having this problem? had a moron pull up next to me and start revving his engine and then take off next to me....this would have been my cue to go racing, but we were in a school zone!!!! damn hicks and their chevy trucks :confused: :happy:

I haven't had this with the chevy trucks, but the ford f-150's are like that around here..... plus the damn ricers......

·
Registered
39 Posts
1. '05 Mustang GT
2. many '98-'04 GT's
3. my buddies '04 Acura RSX Type S
4. other buddies '97 Z28 Camaro

I don't run on the street much... try to keep it at the track where it's safe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
I haven't had this with the chevy trucks, but the ford f-150's are like that around here..... plus the damn ricers......
same here, along with Dodge Rams...the St. Louis Assembly Plant is near me, so theres alot of Hemis runnin around.

·
Registered
57 Posts
here's my story:
I'm a Marine stationed in San Diego CA, I had to go to North Carolina for a 1 week conference just two weeks ago.My unit was out of money so they could only fly me in to Raleigh, 2.5 hours from my final destination, then I had to drive the rest of the way to Cherry Point. When I arrived to Raleigh to pick up my rental car, they didn't have any compact cars left, so I had to upgrade.To my surprise, they had a blue Charger SXT on the lot! Needless to say, I had a very pleasant drive all the way to the base.
But wait, it gets better!
After work the next day, an old buddy of mine stationed at Cherry Point invited me over to his house for dinner, so I proceeded to follow him home. I look in my rearview mirror and this Charger R/T is gaining on me! He waves "Hi" and I wave back, he pulls over to chat, but I could not because I was following my buddy.So the Charger R/T cathes up to me again and follows me all the way to my buddies house(20 min drive) and he pulls over by the driveway. The driver was none other than ANTMAG06! He was kind enough to show me his Charger in and out, I got to hear his Zoomers exhaust, man it was great!I enjoyed chatting with him for awhile and I just want to thank him again for taking the time to chase me down! I was ashamed that I was only driving a rental!
But wait, it gets waaaay better!
when I get back to San Diego after the conference, my dealer e-mails me to tell me that my Black Charger R/T, which I ordered back in June is finally here!!! I am now a proud owner and already have parts on order for mods and helpful hints from BSTOWERS and GODADDY.Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I`m too afraid of "PO-PO, the heat, 5-0" :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great Story! I like hearing things like that, thanks for serving our country, I wish I was 18 again. I would join in a heartbeat. You deserve a R/T and the color you wanted.
Good Luck!
Greedo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Greedo, I am priviledged to serve, I owe everything I have to this great country, I only wish I was 18 again too!

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Crazy_luck said:
the ricers here point and say cool but won't mess with me :sad: , except one poor fool. my wife was driving the car (one of the rare times) and she said a guy in a honda civic kept pulling up next to her and revving hard....she would just look over at him laughing inside...finally he pulled up and she said screw it and took off, dusted him real bad....my daughter was in the back saying "go mommy - go!!!!"

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Bad_24_7 said:
Thanks Greedo, I am priviledged to serve, I owe everything I have to this great country, I only wish I was 18 again too!

hey man, if you haven't been to iraq or are going back - keep your head down and be safe!!! (oh and save your arse off and get an srt8 when you get home from overseas...hehe!!)

hey what is up with all the damn marines... :cry: :happy: (i love you guys just like brothers - don't know what is wrong with the army and marines sometimes - we are all bleeding over in iraq)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Bad_24_7 said:
here's my story:
The driver was none other than ANTMAG06!
Hey Gunny, Thats awsome I am glad you got your R/T. Have fun with it and be safe.

I got a story just happened yesterday. I saw this 300 and just thought it was another one of those guys with the big rims....HELL NO it was an SRT-8 300. I think the old man was just playing with me but from rolling I can hear that he was getting on it and I was able to stay side by side with him. I got to say I really liked those 20 inch rims on the 300 SRT-8. Not for my Charger but look good on the 300.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
Hey Gunny, Thats awsome I am glad you got your R/T. Have fun with it and be safe.

I got a story just happened yesterday. I saw this 300 and just thought it was another one of those guys with the big rims....HELL NO it was an SRT-8 300. I think the old man was just playing with me but from rolling I can hear that he was getting on it and I was able to stay side by side with him. I got to say I really liked those 20 inch rims on the 300 SRT-8. Not for my Charger but look good on the 300.
have you seen the 20 rims for the srt8 charger....they look sweet. i am not one for big rims but they look great!!!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
GoDaddy said:
have you seen the 20 rims for the srt8 charger....they look sweet. i am not one for big rims but they look great!!!
I have seen them on LEEPARTS web page. I do like them but they are ingraved with the SRT logo. I dont want people to think I am trying to make it something its not. I am sure they will do them without the logo if they get enough people to request them. Or some aftermarket company will copy them if it has not been done already.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
ANTMAG06 said:
I do like them but they are ingraved with the SRT logo. I dont want people to think I am trying to make it something its not.

yeah i am worried about the same thing...i also want the hood. just love that look, but don't want to pay the extra dough!!! oh well, i guess they can call me what they want - it will look cool...but i do hate the idea of someone calling me a "poser" b/c that is not my intenet....just love the look.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ricers are constantly pulling up on my bumper,or reving next to me at a light. I just laugh at them,because most of them are hunks of s--t!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
GoDaddy said:
yeah i am worried about the same thing...i also want the hood. just love that look, but don't want to pay the extra dough!!! oh well, i guess they can call me what they want - it will look cool...but i do hate the idea of someone calling me a "poser" b/c that is not my intenet....just love the look.
I like the hood also...I think we all do.

What I would like to do is a cowl induction hood not too tall maybe a two inch cowl. I have to wait a while no one is making them yet.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts