Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Charger faithful, I have some bad news, my Super Bee "Saffron" was stolen 11/5 @ approx 8:30 pm from Ward Warehouse in Honolulu. She is number 104/1000 and is likely missing a drivers side window that was broken out during the theft. If I am not mistaken there are only 3 on Oahu, so if you see her, please dail 911 and report seeing a stolen vehicle. Please help me find her and get the SOB that took her!!!

License Plate: Hawaii PJY517

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
That sucks man, I'm sorry, if you post your plate #, it might help so the other 2 bee owners don't get pulled over all the time until you get your baby back. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Dayum....Sorry to hear about that. I will keep a lookout for you. Might I suggest keeping an eye on craigslist incase any parts from you car show up there?

Maybe they just took it for a joy ride and you'll get it back soon. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am hoping for the latter myself, I figured it would be hard to sell parts quietly for that car. Thanks for your concern LeeR.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that. They shouldn't be able to get that far in a short time, especially with a rare car like that. You might need to call DOG the bounty Hunter.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, no kidding, this has turned out to be one of the worst months ever...a drunk driver totaled my wifes '99 Explorer and '94 Miata while they sat parked on the street, she loses her job the following day because the place is going out of buisiness then less than 3 weeks later, Saffron gets taken...I tell you, when it rains it pours my friend. My insurance company hates me I am sure, but that's why I pay 'em all that money :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
DAMN.....SORRY TO HEAR THIS....

gotta be kids....i wouldnt think pro's who part out stolen stuff break window and bypass the key chip....my call is it wasnt taken to part out....hawaii 6.1 community too small for high demands....but who knows....what comes to mind: inside job w/ward security? im wondering how many cars and what type has been stolen outta that lot before....odd to have window broken w/no witness..

I cant believe this happened....i hope they found it or find to tomorrow....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The security guy was a little wierd when I stopped him on his bike riding around the place...but I could really just been paranoid at that time. He knew a lot about the car without me telling him...maybe the guy just liked Chargers. Well in any case, it's good to know there are still Bee's out there for sale, and if not there are some Plum Crazy SRT's out there too. I do hope they find my baby though, 2500 bucks of performance parts that insurance doesn't cover. Good to hear from you again Deem.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
So, lets get some facts. I see from Google that this is a huge multi building shopping area. And theres a pretty big Was there a key there (valet) for them to move it? Video cams? I find quite often that police are not as up on the capabilities of the Dodge SKIS system, which prevent conventional hotwiring.

If they didnt have a key, they had help from a dealer tech, or they used a tow truck or flat bed. The window could be a cover to throw police off from the attendent, if there is one, from letting a flatbed in.

Not sure what the police wii do for a property crime like this, like getting surveillance tapes from buildings across the way and such. If not, it might be worth investigating that yourself.

I hate to say it, but sounds like a pro crew, the kind that drops unique vehicles into containers for shipment to places where those cars just cant be bought.

For those interested, this is the shopping center, the parking garage in question is the large structure in the upper right corner, at the corner of Ward and Auahi Streets.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...57.856184&spn=0.002107,0.003369&t=h&z=19&om=1

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
So, lets get some facts. I see from Google that this is a huge multi building shopping area. And theres a pretty big Was there a key there (valet) for them to move it? Video cams? I find quite often that police are not as up on the capabilities of the Dodge SKIS system, which prevent conventional hotwiring.

If they didnt have a key, they had help from a dealer tech, or they used a tow truck or flat bed. The window could be a cover to throw police off from the attendent, if there is one, from letting a flatbed in.

Not sure what the police wii do for a property crime like this, like getting surveillance tapes from buildings across the way and such. If not, it might be worth investigating that yourself.

I hate to say it, but sounds like a pro crew, the kind that drops unique vehicles into containers for shipment to places where those cars just cant be bought.

<iframe width="300" height="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&q=Ward+Warehouse+Honolulu& ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&s=AARTsJqLDvmJ0SsPuwF SOUAPC12ltoxCBw&ll=21.294673,-157.856004&spn=0.002999,0.003219&z=17& output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&q=Ward+Warehouse+Honolulu& ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=21.294673,-157.856004&spn=0.002999,0.003219&z=17& source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
That's just not good news at all!!! But with your detective work, they should crack the case in no time at all, lol. Seriously I hope he finds it soon, I would be devastated!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, after 6 hours of almost no sleep and no call from the cops saying they found her, I am losing a little hope. To answer your question GLHS837, there is no valet at this garage, there is a roving security team on bike patrol but they have almost the entire block to look after. No security cameras in this facility, it was however well lit and on the same level where a lot of foot traffic walk by and you can see into the garage. When I walked out I could see the vehicle was missing before I got there, glass and my window tint were laying in my spot where I had parked, and there was glass all the way down the length of the garage where it looked like they had cleaned out the rest of the window after they took off. I had positive control of the key the entire time. Not sure any other buildings have security cameras in the local area, but it's worth taking a look today when I go back down there.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Definately check the local businesses for security cameras.. even 2-3 blocks away.. they have to leave and drive some where.. especially at stop lights.. if the thief had to slow or stop.. a camera might have got him... you have to really play detective here.. :ninja: and you need to do it fast.. some places have DVR recording that loops over itself after a certain time frame. I hope you find the SOB.

If it was my car.. the thiefs would need a restraining order on me..:beat:

Maybe even traffic cams at red lights...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am going to call the shipping companies when they open this morning to see if someone tries to ship a Super Bee via container ship today and check the other nearby establishments for cameras. The funny thing is, one of the Honolulu PD officers that responded last night was patrolling the area and remembers seeing the car on the street driving away from the location. It wasn't reported stolen at that time so it doesn't really help, but at least I know they will notice the car if they see it...Lord knows the Bee is anything but subtle.

As far as vigilante justice is conerned, I have a brand new Kimber .45 that I have been itching to try out, just hope the cops find this guy before I do!!

Thanks again for the support from the Charger community, it means a lot even though I haven't met but a few of you.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, you know more now. Ideas, in no particular order. If you have been given a POC by the department, a detectives name and number, ask if they will look for cameras on the route, especially along whatever road the patrolman saw the car.

Not aggressively, just politely, explain that you know they are shorthanded, and this is just a property crime. Tell that if they cant do such a thing due to manpower restraints, ask if they mind if you ask business owners to let you look a what they might have from that short span of time.

The business can call and verify with the officer that you are indeed just looking for your car, that youve filed it as stolen. Now, about it driving away, thats interesting, becuase that aint easy. A few questions that might help pin down how it was driven away.

Did you buy the car new?

And do you have both stock keys?

Aftermarket alarm? (Some of them bypass the SKIS system)

Has it been in for service lately? If so, did you supply both keys?

Talk to your local dealership (how many in HI, cant be that many) and explain that the car was stolen, ask if they can have Dodge look up any PIN number requests for your car. That number is needed to program new keys if you dont have both stockers. And you have to call corporate for it. And any reqiuests for that number are logged.

That should do for today. This might be all for nothing, but doesnt hurt to try.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Car was bought new here in HI in April.

She was taken in for service this past weekend coincidently for her first scheduled maintenance.

No aftermarket alarm, and I maintained control of one of the keys while in service.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got a call from Honolulu PD, vehicle was found intact, going to look at it right now...will update upon my return.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I left my x a msg...he works at the ship yard...if you are the one that parks at pearl harbor its your car he always sees...anyways I know he will keep an eye out and tell his buddies...hes car almost got stolen from an aiea complex last month....so he knows how this crap feels....

JUST SAW YOUR POST!!!!!IM SO DAMN GLAD YOU GOT SAFFY BACK!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Then for sure call the dealership and ask about PIN requests, explain that the car was stolen just last night. Better still, if you can go in and talk to the guys in the service section, the more guys that hear you talking about the car getting stolen, the better the chances of someone who might have noticed something fishy hearing about it. Maybe print up a flyer, ask if you can post it, becuase you know people who car about cars pass through there.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts