Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sooo excited!!!

I just started racing a month and a half ago. After week two I decided that I wanted to see what my car could do before I started mods. I gave myself the goal of breaking 14 secs in 1/4 mile before I start putting money into it.

Well, today I did it and will be breaking out the checkbook:lol: First mod will be CAI.....

2nd Run - Car temp @ 165, trunk empty, ESP off, AutoStick, outside temp @ 55, front tire @44, back tire @ 24, 1/4 tank gas

R/T------ .237
60'------ 2.064
330'------5.801
1/8-------8.329
MPH-----77.700
1000'----11.555
1/4------13.837
MPH----101.120

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ooooppps... my title was off.... 1/4 ET was 13.837...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Congratulations! Excellent 60' time, and an amazing 1/4 mile ET/MPH with your mods.

It is a blast. Cool car by the way.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations! Excellent 60' time, and an amazing 1/4 mile ET/MPH with your mods.

It is a blast. Cool car by the way.
Thanks and YES... what a blast!!! And.. Oh.. your car is way cool...LOVE the Plum Crazyl!!!!

Do you have any mods? I saw your best time and NEED to know :lol: before I start mods!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Congrats on the stock times thats very good....I know the feeling,i felt that way when i finally got in the 13s too.Now time to spend away...........LOL

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Excellent run!!! You got the bug bad...love it!
Keep it up!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Way to go fellow Sublimer, You go again when it gets even colder and you'll do even better.
What do you do 0 to 60?
I can't wait to go the 1/4 mile.
Hard to find one here in franklin tennessee.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I am sooo excited!!!

I just started racing a month and a half ago. After week two I decided that I wanted to see what my car could do before I started mods. I gave myself the goal of breaking 14 secs in 1/4 mile before I start putting money into it.

Well, today I did it and will be breaking out the checkbook:lol: First mod will be CAI.....

2nd Run - Car temp @ 165, trunk empty, ESP off, AutoStick, outside temp @ 55, front tire @44, back tire @ 24, 1/4 tank gas

R/T------ .237
60'------ 2.064
330'------5.801
1/8-------8.329
MPH-----77.700
1000'----11.555
1/4------13.837
MPH----101.120
Wendy,

You put the 594' time in for you 1/8 mile time........

Chuck

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow, good run and nice 60ft time as well. I can't wait til next spring when I can take the PC out to the track up here.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, good run and nice 60ft time as well. I can't wait til next spring when I can take the PC out to the track up here.
Thanks!!!! We'll be looking for your PC times :grin:

Wendy,

You put the 594' time in for you 1/8 mile time........

Chuck
Dang'it... 42 puts the 594' ET and I must sooo love that number that I record it as my 1/8th.... :lol:

Way to go fellow Sublimer, You go again when it gets even colder and you'll do even better.
What do you do 0 to 60?
I can't wait to go the 1/4 mile.
Hard to find one here in franklin tennessee.
I have only remembered once to set my 0-60 when racing and that was a few weeks ago. It was 6.03........ felt much faster than that!!!!!!!! hahaha..

Ouch... I just checked 1/4 tracks in TN and I only see 2... 1 in Memphis and 1 in Bristol...

Great Time !!!
Thanks!!!

Excellent run!!! You got the bug bad...love it!
Keep it up!
Yes... the bug is creating an itching!!!! GO FASTER!!! :knockout:

I knew you would do it Wendy! Congrats!!!! :)
Thanks... fellow Charger Chickie!!!!! Can't wait to here about your times :headbang:

Congrats on the stock times thats very good....I know the feeling,i felt that way when i finally got in the 13s too.Now time to spend away...........LOL
It's a sickness... I'm thinking... LOL...... $$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks and YES... what a blast!!! And.. Oh.. your car is way cool...LOVE the Plum Crazyl!!!!

Do you have any mods? I saw your best time and NEED to know :lol: before I start mods!!
lol, I hear ya about the modding thing.

For sound I cut off the resonators. Got a SuperChips for the firmer shift points and use a K&N drop in air filter to replace the stock air filter. Not to sure if any of these make that much of a difference for HP?

Depends on how serious you want to get with your car. I would NOT recommend removing the resonators as it has quite the drone noise while on the highway. I would recommend getting some sort of tuner (Diablo Predator or SuperChips Flashpaq.... I know many people have their own favourite). Then take it from there. The "Fan Mod" to keep the engine temperatures down is an excellent start. From there it's all about what you want to run.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol, I hear ya about the modding thing.

For sound I cut off the resonators. Got a SuperChips for the firmer shift points and use a K&N drop in air filter to replace the stock air filter. Not to sure if any of these make that much of a difference for HP?

Depends on how serious you want to get with your car. I would NOT recommend removing the resonators as it has quite the drone noise while on the highway. I would recommend getting some sort of tuner (Diablo Predator or SuperChips Flashpaq.... I know many people have their own favourite). Then take it from there. The "Fan Mod" to keep the engine temperatures down is an excellent start. From there it's all about what you want to run.
I have been eyeing the AirHammer CAI, Diablo Predator, Corsa exhaust, and the 180 t-stat.

I am thinking that I will do CAI first and I will probably leave the exhaust for last.... there are so many out there. It's hard to select without experiencing them first hand. So, thanks for the tip on the resonators... I don't want the drone but do want it loud :yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts