Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night we had the ability to Dyno tune a Stock Chrysler 300C SRT-8 and had great results despite the poor gas!

Is it worth the tuning fee? HECK YES... The car gained 12hp and 12 ft/lbs over the Canned 91 CAI Tune... THis was peak... However if you check the mid range, the car gained up to 16hp and even saw points where it gained 27hp in the top end... Look at the graphs...

The car has more in it, just need some better gas :)

James

Attachments

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Man, you guys just keep turning them out.
How about setting up a dyno day for us locals. We can start early some friday or saturday morning, order some Pizzas, have a few brewskis and watch as folks dial in fuel, HP, diablo's, etc....

I know the winter get's cold and boring...I'd be in for something if we could get a few modernmoparmuscle cars out.

BTW...great job on this one again, nice fuel mix.

Doug

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm ecstatic to see gains with LOWER AFRs. Nice job!

·
Registered
488 Posts
very nice numbers, got a bit more than I did with just my predator dyno tune without the CMR, I got about 399hp and 400tq, I guess you can fine tune it a little more and sqeeze out some more power out of it with the CMR, very nice!

·
Registered
36 Posts
any dates yet on when you guys are dyno'ing in Dallas? looking forward to the the tune...

·
Banned
206 Posts
Very nice work.

Was the car dynoed with the stock tune?

Can you post the ECTs and ACTs for both pulls?

And the SAE corrected graphs?

TIA.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any dates yet on when you guys are dyno'ing in Dallas? looking forward to the the tune...
THis information should be available in the Texas section of the LxForums and maybe here very soon,.... I will be in Texas the week of the 26th and can offer our tuning services any day that week as long as we can set up the dyno time!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice work.

Was the car dynoed with the stock tune?

Can you post the ECTs and ACTs for both pulls?

And the SAE corrected graphs?

TIA.
As mentioned due to poor gas the car made about the same power stock as the CAI tunes. I dont have the logs here on this cpu so I can not post... Also I think on all our future graphs... We are going to show our graphs in UNCORRECTED Only.... We are not showing our graphs to show who has the most power... When you look at a tuning graph you look at the difference between stock and your tune... Most the time its not even the peak HP you should be looking at... so with that being said... UNCORRECTED is the way for now on as we are not looking to make dyno queens, We are making power our customers can use on the track and set new personal bests with our tunes!

James

·
Banned
206 Posts
Yeah, but the whole idea behind the Dynojet SAE correction factor is so that you can compare your SAE numbers on a Dynojet here in NY to Joe Blow's SAE numbers on a Dynojet in California. At least that's how it's supposed to work in theory. This is why I asked for the SAE numbers.

I've been hearing a lot about this "bad gas" stuff of late. I think somebody needs to just come out and say the canned tunes make NO MORE POWER than the stock tune. However, they DO make the car quicker and faster due to reduced torque management in 1st gear, reduced torque management on shifts, and raised shift points.

To see any gains in power, I think people need a custom CMR tune unique to their vehicle. This is where you guys are doing a great job.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, but the whole idea behind the Dynojet SAE correction factor is so that you can compare your SAE numbers on a Dynojet here in NY to Joe Blow's SAE numbers on a Dynojet in California. At least that's how it's supposed to work in theory. This is why I asked for the SAE numbers.

I've been hearing a lot about this "bad gas" stuff of late. I think somebody needs to just come out and say the canned tunes make NO MORE POWER than the stock tune. However, they DO make the car quicker and faster due to reduced torque management in 1st gear, reduced torque management on shifts, and raised shift points.

To see any gains in power, I think people need a custom CMR tune unique to their vehicle. This is where you guys are doing a great job.
To many opinions sir.... The reason I am showing Uncorrected gains when we do a car on the same day is a car experiences different conditions throughout the time its on the dyno.... I am not here making an official HP Rating... For those we definitely use SAE or STD. Heck half the people who complain about correct factors, dont even know what SAE Means!

Canned tunes are making power... However this customer definitely had bad gas or another issue which we will know later today.

Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
939 Posts
There is no reason NOT to use SAE, each time, every pull. Especially for customers that (might) return to you for further work.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is no reason NOT to use SAE, each time, every pull. Especially for customers that (might) return to you for further work.
Theres my point... Return... Yes you are correct because then you have alot of varibles from day to day.... However as I mentioned.. THe gains are the same no matter what the correction factor... When we post our Tunes we are going to use 1 Correction factor and thats it.... Too many people are keyboard dyno techs and think because they read somewhere about SAE they need to see SAE Graphs... Most people dont know what SAE Correction factor does! If they did they wouldnt ask for it because most people are never at SAE EVER!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm not trying to break your balls here, but in a forum like this, with members across the country (a few outside the borders, too) you'll see much more acceptance of your results if you standardize them. Nobody wants to see uncorrected data from a nice cold, dry day at sea level compared to Joe Blow's July pulls in Vegas. And if a dyno operator won't give me complete access to all the setup info with SAE corrected data I won't use him.

Dynojet’s WinPEP (Performance Evaluation Program for Windows 95) software uses the SAE’s latest correction formula (June 1990). This formula assumes a mechanical efficiency of 85% and is much more accurate than earlier formulas at extreme conditions. The formula used is:

CF= 1.18 x (29.22/Bdo) x To+460 / 537) - 0.18

Where:
To = Intake air temperature in degrees F
Bdo = Dry ambient absolute barometric pressure
For any interested, here's a link to more general dyno correction factor info:

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/cf.htm

·
Registered
488 Posts
I dont think SAE correction factors are needed to show what improvements were made ...same car same day, its not like the variables changed greatly in 10-15 minutes if they even changed ...I think the point of this thread was to show how the use of the CMR software improved HP.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont think SAE correction factors are needed to show what improvements were made ...same car same day, its not like the variables changed greatly in 10-15 minutes if they even changed ...I think the point of this thread was to show how the use of the CMR software improved HP.
Yes, to show the gains made thru Dyno Tuning using CMR

·
Registered
939 Posts
Absolutely, the comparison on this car is legitimate. But the data are much less useful for his subsequent runs in the future... and not very useful for comparisons to other cars on the board.

Hopefully the aftermarket will open up a bit more with the availability of CMR tuning, and we'll be able to choose from multiple manufacturers for our heads/cam/headers/exhaust configurations. If we can get everybody on the same page NOW, and ensure that all of our Dynojet analyses are SAE corrected, we'll be able to compare our setups much better.

Not everybody posts up their results for the good of others on a forum like this; to some people it will always be about bragging rights. But I encourage anyone that spends the $$ on mods and a tune to post up corrected data that can be used by everyone else in making their power upgrade purchasing decisions.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Absolutely, the comparison on this car is legitimate. But the data are much less useful for his subsequent runs in the future... and not very useful for comparisons to other cars on the board.

Hopefully the aftermarket will open up a bit more with the availability of CMR tuning, and we'll be able to choose from multiple manufacturers for our heads/cam/headers/exhaust configurations. If we can get everybody on the same page NOW, and ensure that all of our Dynojet analyses are SAE corrected, we'll be able to compare our setups much better.

Not everybody posts up their results for the good of others on a forum like this; to some people it will always be about bragging rights. But I encourage anyone that spends the $$ on mods and a tune to post up corrected data that can be used by everyone else in making their power upgrade purchasing decisions.
We are a tuning facility... There is simply too many varibles already with dynos to make it the same across the board!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts