Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my first Dodge - a Red R/T... one of the first things I want to do is replace the C/D player that came with the car. I have two ideas - first just go over to the local aftermarket audio dealer and spend 200 - 250 on a new radio, or pick up a used C/D player/ CD changer/MP3 player out of a trashed Magnum.

Are the 2005 Magnum radio's compatable with the 2006 Charger? Can you swap them???

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the R/T with the 6 disc indash reciever. I need to see (which I doubt) if it has rca outputs to add an amp. Otherwise its line converter like usual. If you get any radio diagrams put them up of email, I am always looking for a good schematic to the cars I own.

I like the 6 disc chager as it says it is also mp3 compatable, so you could burn alot more songs on a disc as the mp3 format is shorter than the reg cd format. (just something to consider, depending on what direction you go with the radio).

I saw www.crutchfield.com only had one reciever (as I was looking for a GPS unit) but I am not ready for the 1400 sticker price they had.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Red Rider said:
I just picked up my first Dodge - a Red R/T... one of the first things I want to do is replace the C/D player that came with the car. I have two ideas - first just go over to the local aftermarket audio dealer and spend 200 - 250 on a new radio, or pick up a used C/D player/ CD changer/MP3 player out of a trashed Magnum.

Are the 2005 Magnum radio's compatable with the 2006 Charger? Can you swap them???
Yes, the radio in the Magnum & Charger are the same. You may see a cosmetic difference in some, with the 'chrome trim ring' behind the volume/tune knobs.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
anyone know if there is a PAC adaptor out for the DCX radios?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Guys - I bought my R/T with the RAQ 6CD/MP3/WMA etc... It is standard with the Sound Group II optional package. This also comes with a 322 watt Amp, 6 speakers and a Sub-Woofer. So to answer the amp question, I'd say the upgraded RAQ system has an RCA out for the amp... You'd have to get specs for it to determine that for sure. Anyway this R/T had all options but NAV and Rear Seat Video. I wanted the NAV so I bought it separately at the dealer. This NAV system rocks!! It has all the options as the RAQ (6CD/MP3 etc) plus NAV and a large flat panel display 5.8" with lots of info. Anyway, I am now the proud owner of the RAQ radio and the Silver Bezel to match. I kept both of them, as I paid for them and made the dealer return them to me. They are exactly 2 weeks old, and will fit perfectly in your charger. You may be able to get some from a Magnum or elsewhere, but the Dealer price for this RAQ stereo and bezel is around 500.00. I am considering selling them for 300, but I may hold them as they are original parts to my R/T Charger.

So to add to this, the dealer replaced my Silver Bezel with a black one, since the NAV radio is much larger than the standard and RAQ models. I now am in the market for a Silver Center Bezel that will fit the R/T NAV system. Right now Dodge states its only available in cars out of the factory with NAV.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK - I think I've got a radio - the one off of eBay - cool!

So how do we get the silver (brushed metal) plastic off to get the radio in...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts