Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching around for info and other track times. i've got an 07 R/T i've taken it to the track a couple times but only one night the clocks were on and the other nights it all street racing stuff where the tree and clocks are off. when the the clocks were on i hit a 13.97 was my best run of the night but i averaged around a 14.05. now from talking to other charger owners they never heard of anyone runnin 13.97 stock. at the street racing thing i race an 06 charger with corsa exhaust, mopar intake, and s/c tuner. with the setting on stock, i beat him by 3 cars. when he set it to performance. and he only beat by a fender. He wasn't too happy after that. i was just wondering if anyone one else runs numbers like that.

1)As far as simple mods go i've been reading a little about the 180 stats. i know mine takes forever to cool down. it was hot the whole time at the track even if i let it set for 30min with the hood open. i thought about putting my fans on a toggle switch as well so i can run them in between runs.

2) I've found underdrive pulleys for these cars but haven't read anyone running them. what do you guys think about them.

3) i'll only ask a few at a time lol. as far as tuning goes, i've heard there isn't any tuning available for the 07's true? false? how much tuning is there. are there programs i can install in my laptop and tune from there?

4) as air in and out goes, i plan on building a true cold air intake that takes air from down by the fog light. and i'm gonna give the brylcreem mod to the exhaust, i deal with a mandrel exhaust guy out here and he usually treats me pretty good. i've heard all good things about the muffler delete.

im just worried that if i do some of these mods, its gonna slow my car down after seeing what that 06 ran against me. Do i just have some sort of factory freak?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
so far ima go with factory freak :p

where do you live? as far as climate goes, is why im curious

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
14.1 was my best with only cai !02 degrees). Cherry runs like 13.7 stock though. Lot can be said about experience and climate. Other r/ts run 14.5's too. Just depends
i'm running again this wed, with muffler gone, and tstat, and cooler temps. Diablo is supposed to ship monday but probably wont get it in time

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
The faster car doesn't always win. When it comes to racing at the track, a lot depends on how you prepare the car. For instance, Last time I was at the track, I was one of few people icing down my car, and running the fan with the engine off, and because of that a I beat a few cars that were actually faster than me. I beat two modified SRT 4s, and a LS2 GTO. Not to mention driving skill is a factor too.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i wish driving skill came more into play on our cars down the track

its basically put it in 1st, let it shift for you... and the "driver skill" comes down to launching.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weather when i ran the clock was around 75 and i'm from joliet (little south of chicago) but i usually run at U.S. 41 in indiana. there was really no preping, just drove the car to the track and started running. i wanna put the fans on a toggle to help cool it down so i can get a run when the engine is cooler. instead of being hot all time. any info on the above mods i plan on doing?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The faster car doesn't always win. When it comes to racing at the track, a lot depends on how you prepare the car. For instance, Last time I was at the track, I was one of few people icing down my car, and running the fan with the engine off, and because of that a I beat a few cars that were actually faster than me. I beat two modified SRT 4s, and a LS2 GTO. Not to mention driving skill is a factor too.
i wanna run a Srt 4 and see how i do. i raced a gto as well the first time i beat him by about 4 cars. but his excuse was he left at 3000rpm and spun through 3rd. i raced him later again, he left from 2000rpm and he beat me by 2 cars. driving skill is defently a factor, i know the kid wasn't a very good driver because that's suppose to be low 13 second car.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i wanna run a Srt 4 and see how i do. i raced a gto as well the first time i beat him by about 4 cars. but his excuse was he left at 3000rpm and spun through 3rd. i raced him later again, he left from 2000rpm and he beat me by 2 cars. driving skill is defently a factor, i know the kid wasn't a very good driver because that's suppose to be low 13 second car.
Use to run my srt-4 at Cayuga up here by Toronto (TMP) and use to run 13.6's at ~106 MPH (2.4 60 foot times). Minor mods but they make a major difference. Just couldn't hook with burnt up front tires.

I'm looking forward to run my r/t stock, shoot for a low 14's high 13's. Usually this time of year with the cooler temps one can cut a good time (track preparation dependent). With drag radials I expect mid 13's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've never been to a track but I've practiced my launching some and I've managed to squeeze out lots of 0-60 times around 5.6-5.7 seconds. Best is 5.58 though, which I'm proud of since I've only got the AFE so far!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Dang, good times.
Most stock chargers at the track were runnin high 14's to low 15's.
I ran a best of 14.0 at 102 that night. I cant launch worth a sh%t.
What was your MPH when you ran in the 13's???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this was eariler in the year i ran the 13.9 so with it cooling off and hopefully not as humid i can put down a better time. Drag radials wouldn't do me any good, i'm leaving at about 1200rpm and i'm hooking up fine. my mph when i went 13.9 was 98 or 99 i think, the time slip is in the garage, but what i think is weird is i went 14.1 and went 101. my dad try to explain it too me the fast vs quick thing and he just confused me

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't had my 07 charger srt8 dynoed yet, so I was wondering what my rwhp (with esp off) would be with mods: mopar cai, mopar cat back exhaust, 180 deg thermostat, and jet stage II performance chip.......and soon to be added: stage 2 boost cooler and 6 psi boost supercharger

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did the 1/4 mi stock in 13.98 @ 99mph at night here on Guam around 85 degrees.

I put on a DUB CAI but haven't ran it since. I want it to breathe better before going back so that includes adding headers, a cat back, and a jet chip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.