Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These videos i took with my camera when we had a Magnum in the shop, The first video is with the car on the alignment rack, and as i'm videoing the right front Radius Rod Bushing from under the car, I have my tech turning the wheel back and forth.

You can see in the video the Radius Rod bushing are just pulling apart, I would like to get everyone a video of them under heavy braking, but it will cost a good amount of money to have a setup capable of doing this reliably.

Raw Video,

This next video is taken with the car lifted up in the air on a twin post lift, and the wheels off. I then have my tech move the wheels left to right while i film it.
This is video of the left front Radius Rod Bushing taken from the left front wheel well.

Raw Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_gJnMvSoU

Many of you have remarked that one of our previous videos wasn't accurate because the movement was not in the correct direction. The videos that i've taken here will show you that it actually was pertinent to the LX driving conditions, as it moves very similar,

Previous Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJx_4Gqt6Y

:alfdance:Alf was requested by Mike Aubrey my Service Manager

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
nice,i jus had mine replaced.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
How many miles were on that Magnum? What is the lowest mileage car that you've seen this on? How much do you sell these bushings for???

Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are 156.84 a pair,
You will notice the voids in the bushings that are there for comfort, I feel comfortable in offering an option due to doing this option on my own SRT8.
I used 2 sets of control arm bushings on my own car, the price is the same, but the bushings don't have the same type of voids in them, so they are a bit stiffer. The downside is you have more road feel from them since they are more stiff.

In short, you can replace just the Radius Rod Bushings, you can replace them with a set of RR bushings, and one set of LCA bushings, or you can replace them with 2 sets of LCA bushings.

I would say that if your going to be hard on your car, or your going to track it, you may want to go with the 2 LCA bushings, just keep in mind that it will make it a bit harsh.

Radius Rod Bushings

Control Arm Bushings

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
That tear that you show in the vid...would that cause some kind of noise or do you just detect it by jacking the car up and moving the wheels?

Thanks for your replies.

If I understand correctly, I would need 2 sets of bushings to replace the ones on my car right...and this can be done using 2 sets of RR bushings, OR 1 set of RR bushings and one set of LCAs, OR 2 sets of LCA bushings? So you have LCA bushings on your SRT in place of the RR bushings???

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could most likely see them by moving the wheel all the way to the lock and peeking at it from underneath,

if you jack it up and use a pry bar on the bushing to move it around to see if it moves or is torn that may work, it won't be as obvious as the video shows, but will allow you to see tears.

You can use two sets of LCA bushings, but it's a bit harsh. Most people will prefer the standard LCA Bushing/RR Bushing combo (Including myself, as i did it for a test)

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
If I were to have the tear and bought the bushings from you guys...would my dealer replace them? I heard that if you go to the dealer with this problem, they replace the whole radius rod...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I doubt they would replace them with our bushings under warranty. Some dealers may install them but you would have to pay for it most likely.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
How easy is it to install your bushings into the RR?

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
Next Q...Is it hard to take off the RR from the car?

I would go out and check but it's in winter storage in a warehouse...

...and do I need to align after changing bushings?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you've ever done a ball joint or a lower control arm on a front wheel drive car, you can do this. The hardest part will be getting the ball joint loose from the knuckle.

An alignment will be a very good idea.

·
Registered
7,082 Posts
If you've ever done a ball joint or a lower control arm on a front wheel drive car, you can do this. The hardest part will be getting the ball joint loose from the knuckle.

An alignment will be a very good idea.
Thanks.

It's been years since I've been under a car...I used to work for GM.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is this what's causing the clunking (front suspension) over small/medium sized bumps in my car? I have an' '05 magnum RT.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts