Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought another Charger (used 5.7 R/T) to add to the family, and I cannot tell if it has the original exhaust or not. What things could I look for to tell me if it is stock?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If its quiet, its probably stock. You can also go the a Dodge dealer and peek under a Charger on the lot and compare the system to yours. Most aftermarket systems will have two separate mufflers instead of one suitcase muffler housing like the stock one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its quiet, its probably stock. You can also go the a Dodge dealer and peek under a Charger on the lot and compare the system to yours. Most aftermarket systems will have two separate mufflers instead of one suitcase muffler housing like the stock one.
It has two mufflers, and it is not quiet. It has a deep throaty sound. If I send some pics (if I can get it on a rack), could you tell for sure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
if it has a big "suitcase" muffler in middle of body...and two "resno" at the end...they kind of look like mufflers.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
that does not look stock

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
lay under your car and take some pics man

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Here is a diagram of the stock exhaust

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
in your second pic, where you have 2 mufflers, is where the suitcase would be. They could be flowmaster 40's up there, reso delete.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in your second pic, where you have 2 mufflers, is where the suitcase would be. They could be flowmaster 40's up there, reso delete.

Do the pipes look bigger than stock? If I wanted to get new tips, how do I measure the pipe. Inside diameter or outside diameter? CC22 said I may want to get those clamps off and have it all welded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts