Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Kicker upgrade system

Votes: 8 38.1%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock BA sound system with the 8" sub, but want more bass and a clearer sound. Just wanna get some thoughts on the Kicker speaker and sub upgrade. Is there enough of a difference in sound to justify the cost or should I look aftermarket? I wanna keep my stock head unit, that is why I am looking at the plug n' play of the Kicker system. Trying to find someone around with an SRT8 with that system so I can have a listen.

Thanks for your opinions,

Squigss

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
im a big fan of the factory kicker stuff for the guys who want to keep their rides all chrysler-and the factory kicker does sound good-but if your looking for really hard bass the go with a after market amp and sub set up. the money you will spend on the kicker sub and amp set up could be spent on a better after market amp and sub-so it's up to you. dont get me wrong the kicker set up is a big difference over what you have now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
im a big fan of the factory kicker stuff for the guys who want to keep their rides all chrysler-and the factory kicker does sound good-but if your looking for really hard bass the go with a after market amp and sub set up. the money you will spend on the kicker sub and amp set up could be spent on a better after market amp and sub-so it's up to you. dont get me wrong the kicker set up is a big difference over what you have now.
i WANT MY CHARGER TO BANG THE HELL OUT OF IT I want to buy 2 15 inch kicker subs but the squared ones what amp do you recomende me. Hey I checked on online char stereos theres a 4000watts MOSFET amp for 200dollars why are the MOSFET amps so cheap or whats there function do tyou recomend me to buy a MOSFET Amp or no.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i WANT MY CHARGER TO BANG THE HELL OUT OF IT I want to buy 2 15 inch kicker subs but the squared ones what amp do you recomende me. Hey I checked on online char stereos theres a 4000watts MOSFET amp for 200dollars why are the MOSFET amps so cheap or whats there function do tyou recomend me to buy a MOSFET Amp or no.
www.caraudio.com

Go to the forums and start reading. If it says 4000 watts for $200, it's a piece of ****. Plain and simple, no BS. Look for something like a Kicker KX1200.1 (or whatever their latest 1kW+ amp is).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
www.caraudio.com

Go to the forums and start reading. If it says 4000 watts for $200, it's a piece of ****. Plain and simple, no BS. Look for something like a Kicker KX1200.1 (or whatever their latest 1kW+ amp is).
CHADILLAC3 is right. the rule in the real world for car audio is this-A real car amp will cost you $1 dollar per real watts of true out put power. i love it when customers tell me that they have a DHD or sound storm or a kenford amp from the flea market that puts out 1200 watts!!:lol: and they paid $65 dollars for it and now its blown up. they look at me with the WTF look on their face when i tell them that the kicker 700 amp that their looking at is $700. then i tell them to drop a '0' off the 1200 on their amp and thats the true power at best. i laugh every time they look at me like i'm a crazy white boy and the flea market junk seller's could never lie to them.:lol:

·
Registered
460 Posts
now that's funny

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I am glad to see someone else that is not impressed with the BA setup. let us know what you do cause I am in the same boat

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont get me wrong the BA is good, better than most stock systems. I just love music and bass. I had a great system in my last vehicle, cost about $3000 but I wanna go stock and plug and play. I went to a cruise night at the local mall to see if there were any SRT8 onwers there so I could get a listen to the Kicker system. I was in luck! There were 3, 2 SRT8s and 1 Super Bee. The one guy let me play my own CD and change the level settings. I am impressed by the clearness and the bass. I think I am gonna go ahead and change to the full Kicker speakers and sub. They also have the AMP that does surround, I have the rear seat DVD.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dont get me wrong the BA is good, better than most stock systems. I just love music and bass. I had a great system in my last vehicle, cost about $3000 but I wanna go stock and plug and play. I went to a cruise night at the local mall to see if there were any SRT8 onwers there so I could get a listen to the Kicker system. I was in luck! There were 3, 2 SRT8s and 1 Super Bee. The one guy let me play my own CD and change the level settings. I am impressed by the clearness and the bass. I think I am gonna go ahead and change to the full Kicker speakers and sub. They also have the AMP that does surround, I have the rear seat DVD.

Cool, let me know how it turns out please. I am interested in doing this.

thanks
Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts