Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am out of surgery for my back and back at the hotel.....after hearing from the surgery process and the fact that my back is a lot worse than originally thought - we are probably going to stay in san anton. for a few weeks and hope that lake charles opens back up soon.

my L5/S1 was bulged against the nerve which they new about....however when the opened me up my backside of the disc was completely blown out...apparently the IED blast and me falling on my ass was alot worse of an injury than we originally thought....the procedure usually takes about an hour....mine took 3 hours and he said he was cussing the whole time.....doc said it looked like there was massive trauma to my back.....still have over 4 discs that are herniated but are not causing massive problems........

what does this mean to you guys right????? i can be the search guru b/c i am not allowed to do anything for the next month....can't even drive the godaddy mobile......i am going to go crazy guys!!!!!!!

but we are alright and it seems that fema and the army are going to pick up some tabs for us while we sit out the recovery effort in lake charles....

it can always be worse is my motto!!!! although my sense of humor is not fully intact yet...still in way too much pain, but it will come back soon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
as long as you can still drive the Charger don't worry about the other stuff..JK hope you get better soon bud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
GoDaddy said:
what does this mean to you guys right????? .
It means a hell of lot more than you think GD!! I didn't even know about your injury. I'm sorry you got hurt man, but hope you make a 100% recovery. Anything I can do, let me know. Mike :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, GoDaddy. Knowing how much you love your Charger, I bet not being able to drive it is darn near killing you. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I never even heard what had happened to you specifically, but it must have been really bad. Sorry, that you have to go through this. You'll be in your car in no time bro,

Rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go ManGo! said:
Again, best wishes for a speedy recovery. I never even heard what had happened to you specifically, but it must have been really bad. Sorry, that you have to go through this. You'll be in your car in no time bro,

Rod

i don't talk about the specifics b/c i don't want to draw attention to myself....i was hit by an IED in a bradley fighting vehicle (no hull breach) and felt that i injured my back...continued on missions (i am dumb ass infantry) for over 3 weeks until i lost feeling in my right leg....was evaced out of iraq....bought my charger when i got back and began minimalistic approach to work up to surgery......surgery soon became only route after trying everything to no avail....so know i sit on the site sad that i can't drive and i am so sore i can barely stand up....should be about 3 to 4 weeks....it was just alot worse than the docs thought......i literally blew out the disc on the back side with a full on bulge impinging my right and left sciatic nerve.

ok i have rambled about myself and my situation for much too long.....it really sucks that i hail from lake charles and we can't go home, so we are surviving out of hotels for a few more weeks but fema and the army are helping out big time.......just so real bad timing....i am chalking this up as a crappy year and starting over next year (maybe start the new year out with some dynatech headers...hehe)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i don't talk about the specifics b/c i don't want to draw attention to myself....i was hit by an IED in a bradley fighting vehicle (no hull breach) and felt that i injured my back...continued on missions (i am dumb ass infantry) for over 3 weeks until i lost feeling in my right leg....was evaced out of iraq....bought my charger when i got back and began minimalistic approach to work up to surgery......surgery soon became only route after trying everything to no avail....so know i sit on the site sad that i can't drive and i am so sore i can barely stand up....should be about 3 to 4 weeks....it was just alot worse than the docs thought......i literally blew out the disc on the back side with a full on bulge impinging my right and left sciatic nerve.

ok i have rambled about myself and my situation for much too long.....it really sucks that i hail from lake charles and we can't go home, so we are surviving out of hotels for a few more weeks but fema and the army are helping out big time.......just so real bad timing....i am chalking this up as a crappy year and starting over next year (maybe start the new year out with some dynatech headers...hehe)
Scott, you're a combat vet??? You "ramble" on till the cow's come home. We've got your back SIR!!!!! Get well!! That's an order!! Thank You from The Maloy's!!!!! :) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mmaloy said:
Scott, you're a combat vet??? You "ramble" on till the cow's come home. We've got your back SIR!!!!! Get well!! That's an order!! Thank You from The Maloy's!!!!! :) :)
spent 8 months in baghdad patrolling 12 to 15 hour days until i was beat up in the back of that bradley......i was dismounted squad leader/team leader depending on the day.

and i will do as you say sir!!! i have to so i can drive my charger :happy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
mmaloy said:
Scott, you're a combat vet??? You "ramble" on till the cow's come home. We've got your back SIR!!!!! Get well!! That's an order!! Thank You from The Maloy's!!!!! :) :)
Ditto. Every word.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
GoDaddy said:
spent 8 months in baghdad patrolling 12 to 15 hour days until i was beat up in the back of that bradley......i was dismounted squad leader/team leader depending on the day.

and i will do as you say sir!!! i have to so i can drive my charger :happy:
Scott sorry to hear you were injured, I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery so you can get back to driving that Charger!! Thank you for your service! You and your fellow service men will always have my respect and graditude!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
GoDaddy said:
i don't talk about the specifics b/c i don't want to draw attention to myself....i was hit by an IED in a bradley fighting vehicle (no hull breach) and felt that i injured my back...continued on missions (i am dumb ass infantry) for over 3 weeks until i lost feeling in my right leg....was evaced out of iraq....bought my charger when i got back and began minimalistic approach to work up to surgery......surgery soon became only route after trying everything to no avail....so know i sit on the site sad that i can't drive and i am so sore i can barely stand up....should be about 3 to 4 weeks....it was just alot worse than the docs thought......i literally blew out the disc on the back side with a full on bulge impinging my right and left sciatic nerve.

ok i have rambled about myself and my situation for much too long.....it really sucks that i hail from lake charles and we can't go home, so we are surviving out of hotels for a few more weeks but fema and the army are helping out big time.......just so real bad timing....i am chalking this up as a crappy year and starting over next year (maybe start the new year out with some dynatech headers...hehe)
I'm glad your back home, you did your time and thank you for serving our country. Those dynotech headers will be awesome :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,632 Posts
Sorry to hear you'll be out of commission for a while, but glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. Thanks for the great service you've done for our country!

I'm sure you'll be in the driver's seat soon. If you need anyone to just drive the car around so the tires don't rot let me know! :)

Get well soon,

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Hang in there, Scott. Look at the plus side- you're not racking up mileage!

Seriously, I wish you a speedy recovery, and I'm glad you made it back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
DA X 6 said:
Hang in there, Scott. Look at the plus side- you're not racking up mileage!
So true. Gas might be cheaper by the time you need it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
GoDadday.... Glad surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery...

Take care and thank you for all your service to this great Nation. Without men like you all our women would be covered from head to toes in bed sheets... I only enjoy that at a toga party....

We don't thank our Vet's enough, so I just wanted to say Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,983 Posts
Thanks for serving the USA and I'm glad the surgery is done.
In your honor, everytime we light em up or run against some wannabe my wife and I turn to the kids in the back seat and say, "Go Daddy go"
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top