Charger Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
wonder if I just swap the arms for stock ones and call it a day?

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
What's the benefit of after market control arms anyway? Unless the stock ones were badly designed I don't understand the reason to swap, much like many people get aftermarket tie rods instead of OEM because they were badly designed, but what's the benefit with control arms?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
these ones you can adjust the camber and caster during alignment, I think the ball joint, which is the adjustable part, is loose and sliding around on the slot in the control arms. I almost just want to go back to stock springs and arms

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
these ones you can adjust the camber and caster during alignment, I think the ball joint, which is the adjustable part, is loose and sliding around on the slot in the control arms. I almost just want to go back to stock springs and arms
Either fix the adjustable part or change them out. Getting another alignment done should tell you what to do.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I feel like dialing in aftermarket suspensions on these heavy cars is a chore, the simpler and closer to OEM you keep it.. The better I suppose. I still have that dreaded front end clunk so I can't praise OEM too much.

Hopefully just a set of Mopar springs won't set the whole suspension out of whack.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I feel like dialing in aftermarket suspensions on these heavy cars is a chore, the simpler and closer to OEM you keep it.. The better I suppose. I still have that dreaded front end clunk so I can't praise OEM too much.

Hopefully just a set of Mopar springs won't set the whole suspension out of whack.
Springs won't.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Springs won't.

But considering it's not what the car was designed for it still sets the forces out of equilibrium that the car was designed for no? Or does the alignment account for that....

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
But considering it's not what the car was designed for it still sets the forces out of equilibrium that the car was designed for no? Or does the alignment account for that....
Your are simply lowering it a bit and the alignment will compensate for it appropriately. The Mopar springs were designed for the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Either fix the adjustable part or change them out. Getting another alignment done should tell you what to do.
I believe I will do that, going to take it to Belle tire after work tomorrow, since they were the ones who aligned it before. I'm almost tempted to do stock ones, because what if the ball joint comes loose again? and slides in the slot of the control arm, back to square one, but I'll see what they can do first

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
car goes to the shop tomorrow, I'll update with what I find out!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Turns out I need a coupler for the steering rack, but what scared me was, I need two new cradle bolts, one wasn't even connected, and the other was doing all the work. so the car will be done this weekend!!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Turns out I need a coupler for the steering rack, but what scared me was, I need two new cradle bolts, one wasn't even connected, and the other was doing all the work. so the car will be done this weekend!!
Well, that was an unexpected diagnosis!

I'm glad they got it sorted out and that you'll get it back soon...:smile2:

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, that was an unexpected diagnosis!

I'm glad they got it sorted out and that you'll get it back soon...:smile2:
for sure D, not sure how I made it to the dealership, but yes, it will be done soon and I can get back to enjoying the lowered Mopar life. Thanks for the support everyone, usually I get like 600 views and 1 comment lol. Really needed the input this time!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got my Quantam blue products today! Excited to get my car back so I can get these products in!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts