Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this posted in the "Did you know..." sticky and wanted to know if it is true and if anybody did it?

Heres the sticky:
Does your car seem too sluggish? Pull fuses #11 #14 and #16!
Get in your car...Turn the ignition to "ON"; then turn it and hold it at "START" (it will not start). Wait 5-10 seconds until you hear the chime (mine beeped 3 times). Turn the ignition back to "ON"; turn the ignition back to "START" until you hear the chimes a second time. Put the fuses back in place (DO NOT mix them up) Start your car... The Computer is now reset: go "BURN RUBBER" (Tapout)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yes, true!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It is true. I have not done it. It should not cause problems. This procedure resets the adaptive memory used to learn how you drive. If you burn rubber at every stop sign and stop light then this would likely make no difference. Otherwise, give it a whirl.
-J

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
No, the computer (HAL) is built as an adaptive learning system based on how the car is driven. It stores that info and uses it to set how the car drives. When you make a change to the car set up (CAI, exhaust, tuner) you would want to follow the steps to clear the memory, then you drive it hard for a few days so it can once again learn the car and set the appropriate settings based on how it percieves you as a driver......

Hope that makes sense.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.