Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these cars don't really belong in the same category but i have a buddy who owns an Evo and the other day i saw a WrX (sti) who wanted to race me but i was on my way off the freeway. I know these cars are fast but how much faster are they than our Hemi's? Anyone ever race one of these? My buddy seems to think that I would beat him, but i'm not sure cause his car is quick.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mods?

I know these cars don't really belong in the same category but i have a buddy who owns an Evo and the other day i saw a WrX (sti) who wanted to race me but i was on my way off the freeway. I know these cars are fast but how much faster are they than our Hemi's? Anyone ever race one of these? My buddy seems to think that I would beat him, but i'm not sure cause his car is quick.
Both of these cars are animals out of the hole. They put the torq right to the rubber. It would come down to driver skill for you to beat them. I have driven all of these vehicles, and by far the 2006 EVO that I drove was the quickest. But it seemed to go a little flat around 60 - 65 and started pulling again around 80. The Subie and the Mitsu are ugly cars so they lose just in the looks category.

·
Registered
928 Posts
from a stop, they win, from a roll you should work em

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
If you race them from a standstill it will not be close.

From a roll you have a shot - but not a good one.

Give it a run

·
Registered
635 Posts
they are AWD so from stop they got you...personally I would never give up my charger for either BUT I am looking for an sti as a beater daily....that way I see it as having best of both worlds....I would never get a stang but an sti yes I would get....

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
They may be faster from a dig, but they are both pretty brutal cars for daily driving and they don't have all the niceties that you get in the Charger. I'll stick with my R/T.

·
Registered
635 Posts
They may be faster from a dig, but they are both pretty brutal cars for daily driving and they don't have all the niceties that you get in the Charger. I'll stick with my R/T.
true about giving up comfort/space but I wont care about dings and stuff like how I do CARE about them with my bee! hence beater...I can be taking it to events where theres no real parking.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
just trade up for an SRT8 in the fastest color and you won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
yeah i believe the sti and the evo are low 13 second cars outta the box so i dont think we could beat either of them either way with a r/t the srt has a better shot...but we look better:grin:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
yeah i believe the sti and the evo are low 13 second cars outta the box so i dont think we could beat either of them either way with a r/t the srt has a better shot...but we look better:grin:
Stock SRT will put a pretty good hurting on a stock Evo or STi.....mod either the EVO or the STi and you better have some big guns in the SRT to beat either car.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The AWD really kills them at high speed. Your car is geared better for that kinda stuff, RWD, massive torque, etc.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
IMO, driving the Subi and Mitsu on a track is way more fun. Manual trans, the high revs, loads of grip. But the cars start to get annoying as daily drivers.

They are not good on road trips, they are harsh to drive, and you've got to be pretty stubborn (or a self proclaimed car nut) to hold a belief that you'll have a great time in one of those things as a daily driver.

I think it depends on how much car you want and how you plan on using the car. If you just want to have some speed to flaunt some horsepower-muscle at a dragway twice a year for fun - get the Charger. It's more fun for the remaining 363 days you drive it. If you trully want a track/strip beast and want people to think of you as some nutty car guy, you'll need to get the lighter cars with that manual trans.

·
Registered
635 Posts
guess im ass backwards! hahaha yup that seems about right....like I said im not looking to rid of my charger no ways but lookin to add a 2nd hand subi some day....then I can wake up and go..hummm is it a charger day or a subi day/trip...I just think it would be fun to have both...

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
They are both awesome pieces of automotive grunt (apart from the looks...), however, I would not bother taking on either in the Daytona. :ninja:

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
If you race them from a standstill it will not be close.

From a roll you have a shot - but not a good one.

Give it a run
Yeah, I agree. I don't think a stock R/T is much of a match for either of these cars, ESPECIALLY from a standstill. Both cars are also easily modified to get even more power. A modified version of either will make short work of an R/T or Daytona. The SRT8 might fare a bit better. Those cars are both ugly as hell, but they are FAST and very mod friendly.

Best,

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
they are AWD so from stop they got you...personally I would never give up my charger for either BUT I am looking for an sti as a beater daily....that way I see it as having best of both worlds....I would never get a stang but an sti yes I would get....
Yep. I'm also thinking of picking up an AWD beater for the winter...probably an Audi S4 for me (the older B5 twin turbo V6, not the V8).

Best,

·
Registered
507 Posts
thanks for the post. . a buddie of mine has an evo and he is talking the track talk. . now i know not to get ****y with him. . i raced a friend o mine in his G35 andbeat him by like 3 feet . . it was pretty close . .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts