Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed my new cd deck, amplifier, and subwoofers. I am having a problem with the ACC power though. The harness i bought for the car has two yellow wires and one red wire. According to the packaging, the red one is the ACC and the yellow is the constant. It doesnt say anything about two yellows though of course. But after testing them, they are both constants. Anyways, I have tried every situation possible with those three wires and the red and yellow wires coming out of my cd deck harness. I can not get ACC power though. The red wire coming out of the harness i got for the car is not hot with the car off or on.

As of now, my deck is constantly on, unless i take the faceplate off. Any ideas on what could be causing the ACC to not be hot?

I have an 06 basic charger. It does not have a factory amplifier or any controls on the steering wheel.

I unplugged the two new harnesses and plugged the old radio in to make sure, and it worked fine. It seems as though the car is not telling the radio to come on when the key is turned on or something like that.

Bad part is I am leaving town Thursday morning for a nice 20 hour drive. I certainly hope i can get this fixed first lol.

Thanks for any help
Tim

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tim

When i installed my aftermarket head unit i ran into the same problem .... To fix this i ran an accessory power wire from the 12v outlet , of course for this to work properly you will have to make sure the fuse in the trunk is in the correct position to only power on with the ignition ... That fixed my issue. From what i was told the radio is part of the canbus system and has to communicate witht he car to operate ... but like i said, the acc power wire from the 12v outlet got me squared away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man!

I did that, and it worked!

It was nice that the cig lighter was on a plug i just shoved an open wire end into the same slot that the red feed was in and taped it up a bunch so it cant slide out. Hopefully everything stays good and keeps working for my trip.

Thanks again man. I really appreciate it. I just bought the car yesterday, so I am new to the forum. I was an avid member on a Mercedes forum for my previous car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts