Charger Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 Dodge Charger SXT with 6 speaker Boston Acoustic sound system. I have replaced the radio with a Kenwood KDC-BT838U using a PAC-Audio C2R-CHY harness. The problem I am having (now with 2 different head units, previous was Kenwood KDC-MP728) is that it seems like the head unit itself is overheating.

The radio will play fine to start, but depending on what the heat is set to, the radio starts to gradually lower in volume after some time. This seems to happen faster the hotter I have the air on. When this does begin to happen, setting the air to cold seems to counteract the over heating and the volume gradually comes back up.

Now living in Canada, I can't very easily have the cold air constantly blowing as its cold enough outside. What I'm wondering is that if anyone else has experienced this (or similar) with their volume gradually lowering. I really cant tell if it is the head unit or the amp or something else, but I only assume its the head unit as that is the only thing I have replaced and the factory radio worked fine, hot or cold. My other though, which is a stretch is that it may be the C2R-CHY harness not operating properly due to extreme temperatures or that it is an older revision. (Rev. 1.37a or something along those lines.)

Any suggestions as to what may be causing this, and any possibilities to fix this issue would be much appreciated. I drive quite a bit and really love my music. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about this then...

I have to believe it's something to do with the wiring harness as 2 head units are doing this.

What is everyone else using for a harness with a similar setup? (ie. Boston Acoustic system and having only replaced the head unit). Just want to get some idea as to what people are using and how well they work. Any issues at all? I may invest in another newer revision PAC harness or maybe even a Metra or peripheral harness.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts