Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start another thread like this, but I couldnt find exactly what I needed when I searched other threads.

I just bought an 06 charger that does not have navigation or steering wheel controls. It just has the normal stock radio in it. I already have a pretty nice panasonic deck that i want to install. It is a normal single sized one. I also have an amp and 2 subs that i want to hook up as well. I am wondering where I can purchase a dash kit that will fit my deck since the factory radio is a bit bigger.

I have also read a bit on here about the charger having a factory amp that runs the speakers. My deck puts out 70 or 75 watts on each of the 4 speakers. It was plenty to run the 2 Infinity 6x9s and 2 Infinity 6s that I had in my old vehicle. It is plenty to run the 4 factory speakers in the charger right? I wouldnt mind keeping the factory amp for the 4 speakers if this can be done with just a little change in wiring.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should be able to purchase the wiring harness and dash kit at Best Buy.

From what I know, all of the factory amplified systems are 6 speaker systems, so you should have two speakers on your dash as well if you are in deed factory amplified. If you do have 6 speakers make sure that you tell Best Buy that you have a factory amplified system when you purchase your wiring harness otherwise they will give you the wrong harness.

With the factory amplified systems:
Only the rear speaker wires are connected due to the amplifier only accepting two channel input. What this means is that you will lose the ability to fade from front to back. When I connected my after market deck to my factory system it causes the rear speaker volume to decrease and the door speaker volume to increase. With this system you also have to connect the remote turn on wire from the deck to the wiring harness as it is what turns the wiring harness on.

With non-factory amplified systems (4 speaker systems):
You should be able to just wire the harness up normally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts