Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

itll be ready around 8, or so they say... i gave them an amp to use in the case that they couldnt tap into the factory amp, but itll be an extra $80 if they have to install it. :sad:

·
Registered
27 Posts
jamphat said:

itll be ready around 8, or so they say... i gave them an amp to use in the case that they couldnt tap into the factory amp, but itll be an extra $80 if they have to install it. :sad:
I don't think I have seen a list of what you are putting into the new system. I am an geeky audiophyle so be specific.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For now, just an iva-d300... and maybe an mrv-f540. I'm looking into getting canton speakers, and I have two 18s from my last car that I need to sell for something smaller, maybe some XXX's...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, after having my car since noon, they have told be they wont be able to finish by 9. they arent able to tap into the factory amp (the guy mentioned the can-bus so i am glad that they actually looked into it instead of just telling me they were going to use the amp i supplied them)

they also said they couldnt find the amp, and when i told them where it was they said it was too hard to get to the outputs of the amp, so theyll have to rewire the doors, apparently.

now i just have to scrounge up some power wire - they wanted to charge me $65 for a 4 ga. amp kit... if i bring some power wire in by sunday theyll use mine instead.

cliffs: if youre looking to upgrade the HU on the charger, be ready to drop some cash on aftermarket components... fortunately i was :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts