Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a set of steel wheels for my 08 rt does anyone know where i can find them and what size i would need right now i have the stock 20x8 chrome five stars?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Don't do what I did and ramp down to 17" steelies. Specifically for the R/T (w/ the 5.7) or the SRT8 (w/ the 6.1) the only wheel size that will work is an 18" wheel or larger to clear the brake calipers. If you had either the 2.7 or the 3.5 you can get away with the 17" wheel easily. If you know anyone interested in the 17" steel rims, I have a set of 4 of 'em for sale (thread posted up on the parts fo sale section). I just mounted up the 18" police package steelies w/ the Scorpion Ice & Snow tires and they look awesome (well at least for a snow tire/rim package). You can find a very decent price for the 18" police package rims on supporting vendor site: moparsupercenter.com I think they're running about $78 a rim. Good luck my friend!

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have to work both tonight and tomorrow night. I celebrated thanksgiving with family today and just got home to get ready for work. It's funny you ask this cuz I just threw on the winter set of cop rims and Pirelli's last night due to the storm/snow we're getting today. I'll be sure to post up some pics either tomorrow morning perhaps of Friday at the latest.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You happen to have TPMS? My Daytona does and the Mopar store said the 18" cop wheels won't accept the sensors. Kinda makes the decision process rough.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Executus......as requested, pics of the winter "set-up". 18" New Mopar "cop package" wheels with Pirelli Scorpion's Ice & Snow 235/60/R18 Tires. Also, you are correct, TPMS WILL NOT work w/ these particular rims. I have not found this to be a big issue personally. Yes the TPMS dash light flashes intermittently, but so what? I ignore it. Besides, I check my tires pressures weekly anyhow. BTW, if anyone's still interested in the 17's I have for sale, they're still available......at this point, I'm willing to entertain any & all offers......

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
You happen to have TPMS? My Daytona does and the Mopar store said the 18" cop wheels won't accept the sensors. Kinda makes the decision process rough.
Police chargers don't use TPMS?

Best,

·
Registered
951 Posts
RitzRT............ dunno if police use TPMS or not, if the agencies that use these rims on their Chargers, they're certainly not. That's not to say the onboard TPMS electronics isn't already there (built-in) but without the sensors, which these wheels DO NOT accept, then the answer would be a solid NO. I noticed for the first day that the TPMS dash light would blink intermittently (searching for the sensors perhaps??).......but ever since the first day, it's been all quiet. What happened to the good 'ol days when checking tire pressures was done manually? Geez.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts