Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the lifetime warranty but have not owned a car I haven't modded. I am wondering if any one knew of higher lift rocker arms for our motors. I saw them for the LS1 engines, they basically increase the lift without changing the Camshaft. I figure that they would have very little chance of finding this during their 5 year inspections, or that it could really cause a warranty problem. Also if I had ported heads and made sure I reinstalled them with stock style head bolts what do you thing the chance of them noticing that would be? Wondering if anyone can think of anything else like this besides the predator. Thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the lifetime warranty but have not owned a car I haven't modded. I am wondering if any one knew of higher lift rocker arms for our motors. I saw them for the LS1 engines, they basically increase the lift without changing the Camshaft. I figure that they would have very little chance of finding this during their 5 year inspections, or that it could really cause a warranty problem. Also if I had ported heads and made sure I reinstalled them with stock style head bolts what do you thing the chance of them noticing that would be? Wondering if anyone can think of anything else like this besides the predator. Thanks.
I'm in the same boat as u buddy, i was hoping to install 6.1 ported heads, perf cam .520 lift, long headers, ported perf intake manifold,and a 6psi larger fuel injector blower (later down the road). i know for sure that u can get the dealer to instal a cam and headers, maybe heads not sure, under warranty with mopar parts but they will kill u with installation costs, but then again u have to ask yourself how much is that warranty worth to u. I know some of the performance cams and head stage 2 packages out there will get u about 100 hp or 87rhp but im pretty sure the mopar factory will u get u a lil lower than this and will be much more sexpensive, but u will keep that lifetime warranty. After my intitial 3 years is up im might consider either going for 400hp by adding the supercharger or upgreade to a challanger 6.1 or 6.4. Right now i'm ok with the current 278rhp on my 5.7 but my hunger for more power is starting to grow and i dont know how much longer i can resist, i seriously doubt im going to make it past the 3 year 36,000 factory warranty, but we'll see. I'm gona watch this site closley because im sure there are other options out there, unfortunatley this is the only route i know that will keep u in dodges good favor. Also i heard that if u try to hide any upgrades, dodge has sneaky ways of finding out like looking at bolt wear patterns and other nasty tricks. A real easy one is looking for white residue in the exhaust for cars juicing with nitrous, but i heard there are other sure ways of spotting a cam and head change that they can uncover if they strongly suspect any foul play. I've heard some stories of people taking a chance and trying to fool dodge unsuccessfully and it eventually resulted in their warranty being dropped. If your really serious about performance this might be the best route since it allows u to basically have a blank canvas u can freely build upon without the warranty issue to deal with. If i can get my 5.7 to push 400rhp and remain 100% streetable then i think im gonna stop there, im hoping everything else will be able to easily handle the muscle or im going to be regretting losing the warranty and end up making some very expensive upgrade repairs for the drivetrain etc. Does anyone know the recomended max hp/torque our drivetrain can handle?? im sure a 100 hp increase to 378 rhp could easily do well in our standard configurations, for the supercharger add on we will have to wait and see..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, exactly what I wanted to know. I guess I won't be doing heads then. Predator is really the only thing that I can think of they will not be able to detect. I have heard though that even if they install some of those things you spoke of (cams, headers) they might still try to get out of warranty. I know that they are supposed to prove that part messed up your motor yadda yadda yadda, but I just want to be ultimately sure before I do something I won't get screwed. If that is possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts