Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put in a starter disable switch just as added security in case somebody tried to steal my car this way the starter would never engage without the button being pushed in...

i have done this to other vehicles before because i had a manual that showed the wiring and which wire went to the starter. i really dont want to poke all my wires till i find the right one.

was hoping somebody here has done this and can give me some advice. thanks =0

BTW i love the charger so much i bouhgt me and the wife one =0 i got the hemi i got her the V6 =-0 hehe

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
I dont think the starter CAN be engaged without the key with the chip in it. However, go to the starter. There should be 2 wires, a heavy gage and a lighter gage. The smaller wire is from the ignition system. Install your switch in that wire.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think the starter CAN be engaged without the key with the chip in it. However, go to the starter. There should be 2 wires, a heavy gage and a lighter gage. The smaller wire is from the ignition system. Install your switch in that wire.

yea i was hoping i wouldnt have to clink under the hood just find the right wire under the dash =0

thx for reply though

i have heard of peeps stealing these cars. this one guy i know but took him a few hours to do it though LOL

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hmmmm, Id like more details on that, its virtually impossible to take one of these without a flatbed. Ive never yet, in three years, found one documented case of a driveaway theft that didnt involve a stolen key or a tow away.

Ask your guy what he did exactly, I'll bet his answer wont make sense. Theres no wires you can hack to bypass the system, even if you ran your own wiring to the starter, it still wouldnt work. The engine wont run until the security checks pass, and you cant bypass those like you can on a Ford.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts