Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In addition to the low gas mileage I’ve been experiencing once and a while in the morning it takes 2 tries to start the car the car has 20000 on her anyone have issues like this. Now if I bring the car back to the dealer are they going to break my balls about the CAI?

·
Registered
174 Posts
In addition to the low gas mileage I’ve been experiencing once and a while in the morning it takes 2 tries to start the car the car has 20000 on her anyone have issues like this. Now if I bring the car back to the dealer are they going to break my balls about the CAI?
Part of my morning drive includes a stop at the daycare to drop the kids. By the time I get there, the engine has reached operating temp. When I get back into the car 5-10 mins later, I sometimes have to insist and have to crank it for a while before it starts. If I don't insist and leave the starter on for the usual period, it needs a second try. This happens approx. once every second week.

It never happens cold. What I sometimes get on cold starts is a puff of dark smoke.

...Ben...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I never have to start mine twice, I have 19.5K miles.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i have had to hold mine longer than a quick turn exactly twice and i believe it was my fault cause both times I was in a hurry and thought OH thats weird.

its up to the dealer about the CAI it should be ok, unless they really want to be ****s. plus they have to PROVE the part had something to do with what happened.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Depends on the season for me. this morning it was cooler out then it ahs been and it took two tries. Others have defintely had this as there was another thread a long while ago where some possible causes were adressed.

I ignore it. :)

·
Registered
13,222 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Never had to start the car twice, but when it is cold outside, it seems like my car hesitates a little before starting.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Every blue moon when I get in a hurry and don't say hello to HAL while he's warming up the fuel pump I have to give it a second go. HAL dosent like to be rushed. I usually wait till the fuel pump stops before throwing in the fire.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Every blue moon when I get in a hurry and don't say hello to HAL while he's warming up the fuel pump I have to give it a second go. HAL dosent like to be rushed. I usually wait till the fuel pump stops before throwing in the fire.
Nail and head. I've upset HAL a couple of times like that. Now - from a cold start, I always wait for the fuel pump to cut off before going to 'starter'. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.