Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started with me going in to my local Dodge dealer to get a new master key programed for my car. I would of done it myself, but I only received one key with my car. But anyway, when it finally came time to connect the StarSCAN to my car in order to program the key, I noticed a confused look on the tech's face. After plugging the StarSCAn to my car, it failed to connect to the cars computer. He attempted to do this about thirty times and even tried to specify the car manually and it just failed to connect to my car. He tested the StarSCAN on five other chargers getting serviced at the time and said that the StarSCAN was fine. He checked both fuse boxes and took apart the dash cover to see if the OBDII port was fine. Everything was okay according to him. At this point, about Forty-five minutes or so have passed and he tells me that he can't figure it out and if possible, to leave the car there for further inspection. I couldn't do so as I had to leave in a hurry and I overheard a couple getting the last loaner vehicle after waiting about half an hour. So I decided to take it the following day.
I take her in today and head out for lunch while the techs examine my car. Four hours later (My lunch didn't last four hours :lol:), I get a call and the service department manager tells me that they were unable to diagnose the problem and to leave it with them during the week when Chrysler Headquarters is open so that the techs can get help directly from Chrysler. I went to pick her up and the tech told me that my car is driving him insane. :grin: He went on to say that both him and another tech were checking the car over and couldn't find a single problem. :dead: I was asking him about what he could possibly think was causing the problem and he said they couldn't figure it out. As soon as I heard that, I recalled the issue of older Chevy Impalas running computer systems through the factory head unit and asked about that. I currently have a Kenwood DNX7100 installed and I'm confident that everything was wired okay as my work was inspected by two of my friends whom are MECP certified and have been in the business for well over eight years each. Then he said that shouldn't be the problem and asked about my HIDs and halos. I asked him if he thinks that could be the problem and he said he highly doubts it because nothing was wired incorrectly. He told me to just bring her in during the week when he can speak with someone at Chrysler for help.
So I was wondering if anyone has ever encountered this after replacing their head unit and adding HIDs and halos? I drive a 2006 SE and haven't done anything to the car besides change the interior lights, add a CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, HIDs, halos, and DNX7100. I plan on taking her in on Monday and hopefully get this all figured out. If they can't do so, would anyone have an idea as to what I can do about this? They had a great deal on 2008 R/Ts and I wouldn't mind picking up a HEMI. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought so as well, but the tech said that everything was fine with the connector. I dropped off the car yesterday and they have yet to call me, so I hope they are busy giving other cars oil changes and what not. :confused:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Do you have any kind of tuner for your car like Flashpaq or Predator? If so do they work when you connect them to the plug? That is a weird problem. Does the new head unit work fine?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have any kind of tuner for your car like Flashpaq or Predator? If so do they work when you connect them to the plug? That is a weird problem. Does the new head unit work fine?
No, unfortunately, I don't have any sort of tuner for my car. But yeah, the headunit and everything else in the car work perfectly. So I don't have a clue as to what can be causing the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealership called me today to inform me that "a communication device module needs to be replaced and [we] wont have it until tomorrow. Without this module, no one will be able to diagnose your vehicle correctly." It sort of sounds like a message I would receive from Windows, doesn't it? I was working at the time and couldn't figure out what part it is they will be replacing, but I'll let you guys know of the outcome later. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got her back yesterday and it turns out that they had to replace the front control module. I don't have the receipt with me which described what caused the fault, but it was due to another on board module from what I can recall. Everything was covered under warranty and is working fine. I'll post the complete description later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.