Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I installed my fogs today and took it to my local dealer, where I bought the car, to get the StarScan. They started doing it and said my "MDS"? wasn't equipped with a fog light option....so I'm sitting there wondering if they even knew what the hell they were doing? Isn't that what StarScan is for, to program and let the computer recognize that there are fog lights? From what I understand this is a simple procedure and just wondering why these guys couldn't figure it out. Has anyone ever had this problem, or should I just go to another dealer and get this done?

It blew my mind because everything I have read on here has said its very simple, and these so called dodge techs couldn't figure it out. Now are you supposed to program this in there or should the computer recognize it when everything is installed?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Hmm, it should be a simple process. Don't know why the dealer tech told you that. As far as I'm aware, the "MDS" has nothing to do with the fog lights. All they have to do is get the computer to detect the new fog lights.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought, I don't know. All they told me was that the car didn't have them equipped so they couldn't add the option on the computer. Very strange, told me to come back next week, I'm assuming someone more knowledgeable will be there then...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Anyone can have fog's installed if the Charger didn't come with it, all the dealership has to do is update the system with Starscan to detect the fogs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When my wife had her SE we were told that the fogs could be added. You need a new headlight switch and flash with starscan. If you got the fogs from the dealer they should have the switch also. I was qouted $120 for the setup and free flash. If you dont get the flash the fogs wont come on unless you wire them up via a different switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts