Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everone i dont know if iam posting in the right area here is my problem i was doing a brun out and the car shut off on me had to wait 1min before restarting had check engnie light did a scan no codes i hit clear anyway light went off car runs fine
:driving:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
if you hit the rev limiter to hard/too fast you'll go into "Limp Mode".... unless it's a broken valve spring :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
esp was off didnt know about limp mode

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
what model/year do you have? / did you have it in auto or autostick(manual)?

I know the 07 and up will auto upshift in autostick and are generally better shifters than the 06's without a TCM flash

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
esp was off didnt know about limp mode i s there anything i can do to stop limp mode like rise the rev or lower it or even dont hit that hard on a burnout

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
raising the limiter would only make it worse, you can try (if youre using the brakes) to not stomp the gas as far and hold the brakes harder to keep the rpms down.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
LOL even some of us that do this on a regular basis still get that occasional limp mode when we hit the rev limiter during burnouts.... trying to keep it at 4-6K can be tricky even on stock cars. Specially when you start adding sticky DR or slicks.

Don't worry about it.... just shut it off turn the key and restart her... you will be good to go. You will soon learn to restart her and hit the esp off all while staging...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thanks for all the info everone has been a great help i guess i need more practice with the limp mode

1 - 10 of 10 Posts